Windows 7 Clean install Guide for Vaio FZ

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by coolguy, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaio-tv

vaio-tv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Deleted, solved.

2. jsbrigo

jsbrigo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got a XMG P304 (clevo W230SS)... WOW amazing and portable
    just my first full day today with clean installation and hardware checking :)

3. jota79

jota79 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!,

Many thanks to the author/s of this fantastic post! Now I'm running win 8.1 on my FZ11Z purchased on 2007 with no problems!

:D:thumbsup:

4. Mino

Mino Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody,

First of all thank you for this fantastic and useful guide.

I have a question... can anyone tell me if after a clean installation of Windows 7 it's still possible to use the recovery partition, in any mode ?
    For example, pressing the F10 key from the boot ?
    I know in the recovery partition there is Windows Vista but I would keep that partition totally working to have more solutions in case of issues.

Thanks in advance

5. coolguy

coolguy Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You should be able to use the recovery partition provided if you haven't deleted it.
    I think that keeping a backup of the Clean Windows 7 install would be a better option for recovery.

6. coolguy

coolguy Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You are welcome.

7. kota8790in

kota8790in Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there

After nearly three years of flawless usage of this excellent guide with win7x64 on my vaio fz31m I decided to install win 8.1 Pro following the same procedure. Everything is ok but if I install the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN 13.4.0.139 driver, my wireless connection doesn't work and I need to revert to the driver that came with win 8.1. I could live with this but I'm having issues with it since most of the times I do a reboot my wireless connection gets lost and there's no way I can fix that without doing a new reboot. Any ideas ??

Many thanks

EDIT: sorted. Just unchecked "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" in device manager. It's fine now.

Iperzampem0 likes this.
  8. CaerCadarn

CaerCadarn Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have a Problem with the Sony Vaio VGN-FS415M with Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit on it. All is fine except for the Sound. Realtek Driver is/was installed without issues but still I got no Sound! :-(
    Is this issue known and is there a solution for it? I've done some Research and got the info that Drivers for the VGN-Series has to be installed in a strict sequence, which I didn't do:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sony-vaio-vgnfe4-laptop?forum=w7itprohardware

Is there a possibility to fix this issue without a complete reinstall of Windows and all the Drivers???

9. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just check whether the sound is being sent to the right place. Sometimes the HDMI driver takes over and the sound gets directed there. Dig around in the properties dialogs and see if you can figure it out.

10. CaerCadarn

CaerCadarn Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Interesting Point! But this rig doesn't have a HDMI. Maybe the Sound still is routed somewhere else. If I check the soundbar then I can see that sounds are created, but not hearable.

Still I'm not technician enough to Isolate possible error sources. There is only one device activated/visible in the playback device, so I have not much possibilities to make changes there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.