Windows 7 Clean install Guide for Vaio FZ

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by coolguy, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Iperzampem0

Iperzampem0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @mikolka: it's a known issue with the latest 300 series driver from Nvidia, at least for Vaio FZ users.
    We don't have a solution yet. The only thing you can do is using the integrated brightness control from Windows 8 settings (right panel).

@Eärendil: can you tell me what's your graphics ID? It should work with your Vaio. Have you disabled the signature check prior to installing the driver?

2. Mikolka

Mikolka Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you for this answer. Do you know what is the latest version that I can use w\o this issue? (I'm using Windows 7 32-bit - so you recommendation not useful for me :\ )

3. Iperzampem0

Reputations:
    I don't remeber well, but if I'm not wrong the latest fully working driver was the Nvidia Verde v301.42, or even v296.10.
    I think you can find the modified .inf into this thread and you can download the older driver from Nvidia website.

4. netroamer

netroamer Newbie

Reputations:
    After a successful clean install of Win 7 64bit, (Thanks to ALL here) everything is working OK on my FZ4000, except Blu-Ray discs will not play. CD/DVD are OK, but no Blu-Ray. I did the drive firmware update from Sony.

5. Iperzampem0

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    if you want I have updated the .inf file (64 bit only) for the latest Nvidia 320.18 driver released yesterday.

Unfortunately the issues are the same as before: brightness controls aren't working, so use the Windows 8 panel instead.
    If you're on Windows 7 I suggest an older fully working driver, as I stated some posts ago.

Download here: 320.18.rar
    :hi2:

6. WinForME

WinForME Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you so much! Actually this is the first .inf file that brings back the hdmi output on an Nvidia version for me.
    And since the backlight of my screen has died, it's the only way to use my laptop again.. :)

7. JMcG26

JMcG26 Newbie

Reputations:
    Installed Windows 8.1 preview yesterday, and ever since then the IDT Audio stopped working and I'm having issues with my ICH8 controller hub drivers. Anyone else having issues?

8. gnr1

gnr1 Newbie

Reputations:
    here is the latest nvidia driver, you have to follow the number 4 instruction of coolguys's first post!

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/320.49/320.49-notebook-win8-win7-32bit-international-whql.exe

UPDATE-
    Could not make the nvidia driver to work.

Installed ALPS Touchpad for windows 8 - Tested - Works without any problem with new gestures for Win8 only

http://global-download.gateway.com/GDFiles/Driver/TouchPad/TouchPad_ALPS_8.100.2020.112_W8x64U_A.zip?acerid=634867292566488063&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NV%20SERIES&Step3=NV76R&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=GATEWAY&SC=PA_6G

Iperzampem0 likes this.
  9. gnr1

gnr1 Newbie

Reputations:
    coolguy I couldn't update my display driver. The modded inf is only for 64bit. Can anyone please suggest me - Should I install win8 32 bit or 64 bit? I only have 2gb ram!

UPDATE:
    After intensive search (also download, install, fail, success, restart, fail, restart!) I found the right modified inf for nvidia. Here is the link:

Nvidia Driver for Windows 7 and Windows 8, 32bit (v.320.49):
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/320.49/320.49-notebook-win8-win7-32bit-international-whql.exe

Download the modified inf from here (last link):
    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers/win8x32/314.14/disclaimer

Extract the driver with winrar or 7zip or uniextractor. Copy the modded inf (nvwin.inf) to the "Display.Driver" folder. Run the "setup.exe". Choose "custom" installation - uncheck "3D vision driver" if you do not need it. You may uncheck "nvidia geforce experience" if you are not playing these games on your FZ:
    http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/supported-games.
    If you do install it then open it after installation and go to "Preferences>Update" and uncheck "Automatically download driver updates..." Enjoy!

Many thanks to coolguy for his continuous effort.

10. mangomes

mangomes Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you have these working not for 32bit but for 64bit windows 7 as well? I think this INF is specific to 32bit, am I wrong? And I can't find the 64 version on the website where you got the 32 bit one...

Thanks in advance
    Mgomes