Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Microsoft can't even make their apps to work correct. And this company make the most used OS in the world:bigconfused:

Windows 11 shows Intel’s decade-old Pentium 4 CPU as supported windowslatest.com - October 19, 2021

As you can see in the above screenshot, Intel Pentium 4 661, which has only one core and 3.6Ghz of clock speed, is listed as a supported processor in the PC Health Check. That’s possibly because Microsoft forgot to update the strings needed to reflect “unsupported status” in the PC Health Check Tool for this particular Intel family.
    [​IMG]

Ashtrix, jclausius, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  2. anytimer

anytimer Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ha, ha, ha. Bad coding. They should have used a whitelist of supported processors, and set everything else to be shown as unsupported by default.

Mr. Fox, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Another item for the list of vomit-curing fixes.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...ixes-index-post-1.836254/page-9#post-11124358

Or, even better... just mind their own damned business and leave people alone when it comes to choosing whatever OS and whatever hardware they feel like using. They should not have any say in the matter. If it doesn't work well, let that be on the user. If it does, then be happy for them that they get to make their own decisions.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  4. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    This is the thing - enthusiasts are not the target market anymore.
    MS just tries to go after the "modern user", the type who most of the stuff does on phone and just occasionally uses the PC, hence the move towards mobile looking design and practices (i.e. prioritizing useless crap like emotes instead of actually useful features).

jclausius, JRE84 and Papusan like this.
  5. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:

this...

i like to benchmark and tinker...um all 100 of us lol....literally 8 billion people and i think its safe to say not even millions like to tinker and are power users

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    colt 45 vs windows 11///

hmm who will make me puke first....its a race and ill report in 40 min from now

7. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    k back early i just noticed everything looks mac like....rounded....i took a look at the search apps and yep i puked...i honestly thought my colt 45 would do the trick faster....man is microsoft good at this...yeah ty microbrains for all this

8. deadlast28

deadlast28 Newbie

Reputations:
    HI All, I have a Metabox P670RE-G (Now running a Clevo generic BIOS as it was stuck on 5.10 with a Keyboard shift bug).

In any case, I loaded Windows 11 on it (I know its not supported because of the i7 6700).

But has anybody else with a Clevo Laptop had an issue where the Laptop successfully boots to the logon screen every 2nd boot?
    (Gets stuck at the Vendor Logo, eventually turns itself off, or sits there for ages with the fans pegged @ 100%).

If I then power it on again (if it turns itself off), or reboot it via CTRL-ALT-Delete, it boots successfully?

Happy to roll-back to Windows 10, but was hoping it may be fixable (which is why I tried the Clevo BIOS in the first place0>

Cheers All!

9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It was doing the same with the original BIOS? Have you tried a different SSD/HDD? I've seen circumstances with very similar behavior when a drive was in the process of dying.

Papusan likes this.
  10. deadlast28

deadlast28 Newbie

Reputations:
    Was doing it on the Original Metabox bios which is why I tried the Clevo one.

I'm using an NVME, SSD and HDD in the Laptop currently, don't recall seeing the issue with Windows 10.

Thanks for the assistance/Information.