Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I understand why buying an Apple product is attractive to some people. It makes total sense that ease of use and an absence of complexity makes many consumers happy. It doesn't make their products (OS, software or hardware) any less unacceptable to me. They have nothing to offer that is attractive to me aesthetically or functionally. Everything they represent as a company is at odds with my point of view, technically and philosphically.
    Yes, it is very sad, but totally expected. Haters are gonna hate. Shills are gonna shill. Smart people will say no, and then explain why no means no. Being new has no bearing whatsoever on acceptability, or the lack of acceptability, when a person possesses common sense.

2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Seven things we hate about Windows 11 windowscentral.com | Oct 11, 2021

Windows 11 is here and it's not perfect. Here's what we don't care for so far.

Windows 11 Lets You Move the Taskbar to the Left or Right, But It’s Broken htg.com | Oct 11, 2021

Brother printers may not work in Windows 11 if connected via USB bleepingcomputer.com | Oct 11, 2021
    Brother is warning that many of their printers may no longer work or display errors when using a USB connection in Windows 11.

Windows 11 is not compatible with apps using non-ASCII characters in the registry winaero.com

On October 5, 2021, when Microsoft launched Windows 11, the company also published a list of known issues in the new operating system. Customers affected by those bugs are not receiving Windows 11 via Windows Update unless they apply a workaround or receive a fix. Initially, the list of known issues in Windows 11 contained a bug related to the Cốc Cốc browser. Now Microsoft updated it with more information about the underlying problem.

And the pc users that don't want it. Has to be reminded about their new Apple copy cat....

Microsoft is now offering Windows 11 via Windows 10 OOBE windowslatest.com - October 9, 2021

Windows 11 is now available for eligible PCs, but only some users are seeing the option to download the new operating system when they check for updates on Windows 10. That's because Windows 11 is being rolled out in stages and rollout is expected to end by the summer of next year.

See also Winaero's article... Microsoft now shows Windows 11 upgrade offer right in Windows 10 setup
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...d-announcements.826887/page-102#post-11123044

Yep...
    [​IMG]

Ps. See also my advice here... http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-owners-lounge.826831/page-2401#post-11123041

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    What I find really amazing is how the Kool-Aid drinkers even comment how the Windows Setup "looks nicer" LOL... as if that matters even a tiny bit
    Anyone thinking about downgrading to Windows 11 should watch this video first.

Vasudev, jclausius and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Vasudev, jclausius and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Maybe it would be best to let people know the best way to intentionally invoke this issue rather than resolve it. It seems like a good "issue" to have, but maybe the silly folks that want Windoze 11 want all of the ugliness part of it.

Vasudev and anytimer like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Windows 11 is especially horrible if you have a Ryzen CPU. Start the video at the time linked in the image below, or click this link.

upload_2021-10-12_8-36-44.png

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Microsoft latest and safest OS ever. Newer has to be better? Huh:confused: The race to bottom start with Win 10. And end with Win 11. Of course they need harsher HW requirements.

Probably a typo. Should be 40:D
    upload_2021-10-13_1-18-2.png
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates October 2021 overview
    And worse it become:D Yesterday was the first Patch Tuesday for Windows 11. I wonder what else they will breake in the work fixing the Ryzen problems.

First Windows 11 Patch Tuesday apparently makes Ryzen perform way worse than before
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-11-21h2-build-10-0-22000.836962/#post-11123341

First Windows 11 Patch Tuesday Makes Ryzen L3 Cache Latency Worse, AMD Puts Out Fix Dates

If rumors surrounding the late-October/early-November launch dates of 12th Gen Intel Core "Alder Lake" processors are true, then the situation with these patches will have a direct impact on AMD. Processor reviewers will be compelled to use Windows 11 for their Core "Alder Lake" testing, as the new operating system supposedly has greater awareness of the heterogeneous core design. The switch to Windows 11 will force a re-bench of all processors, including the AMD Ryzen chips. With AMD cautioning of an up to 15% performance hit from the added cache latency and Preferred Cores bugs, results of AMD processors in 12th Gen Core launch reviews could be affected. It is advisable for AMD to reach out to the press with these patches immediately, if they are ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit. Updated Rufus doesn't mean you have to install Win 11:vbbiggrin:
    Rufus 3.16 [Update: Final] with improved Windows 11 support, even without TPM and Secure Boot

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    KING19, Vasudev, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    The solution is to not downgrade to a crappy operating system just because it is newer. If people do not do that everything will be fine. If they embrace the filth, then they have only themselves to blame for acting in a stupid and irresponsible manner. Let's leave that bad behavior up to the Redmond reprobates since they seem to have perfected their incompetence at a level suggesting they have it down to a science.

Ashtrix, KING19, jclausius and 2 others like this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Windows 11: Microsoft's pointless update computerworld.com
    After a couple of weeks using the beta and a week with the final version of Windows 11, I've yet to find a real reason to use it.

Here's my bottom line. I don't see enough good in Windows 11 to make it worth your time to upgrade. Windows 11 doesn't bring me one iota closer to anything I love. It's just a dull, mildly annoying update that I can happily skip (the editor is far too modest in his final conclusion).

Pointless really is a good word for it.

Stick with Windows 10 for now. Eventually, you'll have to buy a new PC with Windows 11, but there's no need to rush into it. If you really feel like you want something different, and potentially better, might I suggest

Linux Mint, a Chromebook, or Windows 365 Cloud PC?

Ashtrix, Vasudev, KING19 and 2 others like this.
  10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations: