Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Welcome to the Matrix. How deep does the rabbit hole go? Are you going to choose the red pill or the blue pill?

Micro$lop is playing mind games with their emo fanbois. Who wants to play? Anyone excited about putting up with this stupid bull feces?

jclausius, KING19, Ashtrix and 4 others like this.
  2. NeXt3R

NeXt3R Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    funny is this cpu support :D ,..,will see in final release
    ,.but for 7th cpu --impossible install win11

"tested" on
    GT75 7RE ,.,.TPM 2 /UEFI/secureboot/GPT/latest ME FW .,,.but old 7820HK :rolleyes:

Papusan likes this.
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, touch screen for desktops/laptops is insane if you've got a mouse at your disposal - mouse to screen interaction is massively more efficient than any kind of touch related gestures, and all at the flick of a wrist or minute movement of your fingertips - as opposed to the "reaching your arm out to smear your screen" option, lol! touch for smartphones, mouse for desktop, yes please!

Clamibot, Mr. Fox, Tenoroon and 2 others like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Yep, and only God or Microsoft know what info you as users of their new rounded corners Spybox OS will send to Microsoft servers for later user experience targeted ads.

One thing Microsoft didn't discuss: Windows 11 privacy windowscentral.com

Android apps, forced Microsoft accounts, telemetry, oh my God

In Microsoft's Windows 11 blog post, the word "privacy" doesn't appear once in the copy, which doesn't exactly bode well for its messaging. Windows 11 will force users to use a Microsoft Account in its free Home Edition, which already speaks of a business model where your data is the monetization engine.

Since Windows 11 will essentially require a Microsoft account for most users, data harvesting is part of the package. Microsoft always says this is to enhance the user experience, and on the face of it that certainly seems to be true. In Windows 11, you'll be able to continue editing cloud files per its algorithmically populated "Recommended" section in the new Start Menu. Your browser history will sync between Edge on PC and Edge on mobile, as it already does. Your Skype and Teams conversations will sync as you'd expect too, and your Windows 11 features will migrate to new PCs if you upgrade.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  5. Gumwars

Gumwars Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So, I work in public transportation, rail to be specific. I'm bringing this up because I think there's an interesting comparison between how my agency does business and how M$ is managing the release of this OS.

We don't have any idea how people use our service. Our ticket system is based on a window of time between any two points on our system, meaning, if you buy a ticket you can ride any train on our system that operates between two points of your choosing. I've done a fairly in-depth analysis of this and concluded that you cannot make any substantive service-related decisions unless you know where people are getting on the trains and where they are getting off. How does my agency build the service schedule? Completely shooting from the hip. We create service and hope folks will use it (if you build it, they will come approach) rather than actually looking at how people use our service and making corrections based on those trends.

I'm sure you can see where this is going. M$ isn't interested in the copious amounts of data they've harvested so far, which baffles me. They could make a case that all of this collection is actually being used to do something if Win11 was reflective of our actual use patterns or included stuff that users always do. Examples are; not using the built-in web browser. Using VLC. Disabling privacy-invasive nonsense. Trimming what applications start up automatically. If Win11 changed default behavior of what applications get to start automatically, didn't endlessly pester about using Bing, offered media players that were worth a crap, to name a few.

M$ is acting like my agency. They have the data but they aren't using it, or worse are intentionally ignoring what it's pointing at. They could use it to provide a service that is wanted or needed, but instead believe they know better than us plebes and can make everyone happy by giving us what makes them happy. No modern OS works in a service silo of "if we build it, they will come" mentality. I never asked for Teams, of all things, to be baked into the OS and I'm pretty damn sure no one else did either. This whole thing smells like some executive got a bright idea in a board meeting and no one there had the guts to tell him/her that it was going to be an absolute mess.

Instead, M$ has decided, for everybody, that you will need to upgrade your hardware in 2026, if you fall into that category of user. They've decided, for everybody, that DX12 is the display API going forward, regardless of how buggy it is, or how much better Vulkan is.

Well, Linux never looked better. With GPU pass-through looking solid on that end, a Windows VM for any titles that Linux can't manage will be the way to go.

jclausius, KING19, Ashtrix and 4 others like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Exactly this. Well said, bro.

Gumwars and etern4l like this.
  7. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Funny thing pointed out by Linus: MS revealed a window auto - tiling feature in W11 as world's first, whereas actually it's already available in Linux (e. g. Gnome in the latest Pop! OS) :D

KING19, Gumwars and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    More fun facts from Redmond regarding different Hardware Requirements depending on what countries it will be used in..

[​IMG]
    Windows 11 to Ship Without TPM Requirement for 'Special Purpose' SystemsNot all Windows 11 installs are created equal tomshardware.com | Today

Not all Windows 11 installs are created equal

Microsoft infused Windows 11 with an onerous new requirement that blocks any system without support for Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 tech from installing its new operating system, but it turns out the company will allow shipping some systems without TPM enabled. Unfortunately, normal users probably won't have access to the installation ISOs or workaround used for those builds, though it's conceivable that we could see them leak to the public. Instead, these special builds are likely tailored for use in countries like China and Russia that don't use Western encryption technologies.

Now the company has clarified that some systems will work without any flavor of TPM, which will certainly make the requirement seem superfluous to detractors. Microsoft lays out the full system requirements in its 'Windows 11 Minimum Hardware Requirements document (Warning - PDF), with the sixteen-page document giving us a much deeper look at the nuts and bolts of the OS than the basic version Microsoft published previously.

KING19, Ashtrix, 6730b and 3 others like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Only Kool-Aid drinking shills seek the "approval" of reprobates. Those that have functional reproductive organs do as they please without seeking approval, permission, or blessing. The mere fact that they have a self-anointed position of arbiter concerning matters that are absolutely none of their business demonstrates how deep their corrupt quest for control is rooted. Such efforts should be resisted and thwarted. We should never bow, bend a knee or acquiesce to their Digi-Nazi nonsense. Defiance is the only path that leads to freedom.
    upload_2021-6-27_11-7-22.png

KING19, Clamibot, Gumwars and 2 others like this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    It fitted well with fall release of Win 11 that both Nvidia and AMD kill driver support for Win 7 this summer. AMD killed it with latest beta driver. Probably with blessings and thanks from Microsoft.
    upload_2021-6-27_21-1-24.png

No official Windows 11 support for any Intel Mac devices windowsreport.com

Intel Mac devices will not officially support Microsoft's new operating system, because of the lack of support for the TPM 2.0.

KING19, Clamibot, Gumwars and 2 others like this.