Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Well said. I've always thought the only purpose for an operating system is just that - operate the system. I think the last time I used an OS that worked like that was OS9 on the Mac…

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Expecting the OS to be much more than that is similar to buying a Swiss Army knife with the intent that it will support your career as a mechanic. It can be handy to have in your pocket, but most of the time it is not the right tool for the job.

Ashtrix, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Ashtrix, 6730b, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  4. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Holy sh*t, he's working for HIDevolution now, well congratulations to you Spartan/Matrix/ on that.... & happy birthday too! He's like a chameleon, always changing his skin! :D:)

Vasudev, Mr. Fox, Normimb and 2 others like this.
  5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    thanks brother

Vasudev, Mr. Fox and Normimb like this.
  6. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:

No changes from their testing.

7. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good to know the performance difference between Windows 10 and 11 is within a small margin of error. It appears to be essentially zero.

In this case, I wouldn't mind going to Windows 11 LTSC since I would still be getting my 20 fps increase over standard Windows 11 builds in CPU intensive games.

Windows 11 seems to be a requirement for taking full advantage of the hardware resources in Intel's upcoming hybrid CPUs. I'm really looking forward to seeing another revision of the Clevo X170 with an Alder Lake CPU inside! I'm mainly just excited for the significant increase in single core performance coming with Alder Lake (we'll see if this pans out, I really hope it does).

Ashtrix and Papusan like this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Yep, the new lipstick won't help. The only differences I have seen with the testing of Win 11 is a more ugly and unpleasant UI.
    [​IMG]

Microsoft’s teaser hints at Windows 11’s new touch and gesture controls windowslatest.com - June 24, 2021

The leaks haven't stopped Microsoft from teasing the upcoming Windows 11 features. On its social media platform, the company has again reminded fans of its upcoming Microsoft Event on June 24, with the latest teaser suggesting that Windows 11 features new touch and gesture controls. Yep, touch is the new as it was for Win 8.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    inm8#2, Ashtrix and Clamibot like this.
  9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  10. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Even though it's not scope of this topic. Sorry but Intel is lost in their game, they are not innovating at all anymore. I don't see Intel confidence at all. I remember old days when they showed the world how FinFet is done. When AMD struck them, they also had solid products to counter like 9900K, even leaks showed the confidence. That was upto 10900K and past that it's all steam gone. The IMC also got downgraded heavily, even Z590 Dark cannot make 11900K run at 4000MHz Gear 1 and that Gear system is going to stay on Intel platform.

Now they are copying everything from AMD (Glue/Chiplet), Apple (BigLittle ARM design) couldn't get their head out of that lithography disaster so announced an escape card with the help of their mountain load of money, Intel Foundry Services, IDM 2.0. AMD on the other hand showed a flat-out 15% Performance boost with existing design on existing node with ZERO IPC and uArch changes. Even Dr. Ian Cutress from Anandtech is unimpressed with Intel due to no press on Alder Lake, and Intel doesn't know how to keep up lead in Microcontroller market they are buying up RISC-V and announced a new project.

The only hope for Intel is Raptor Lake and Sapphire Rapids. If they fail to impress there, then it's game over for them. Remember, AMD Zen 4 based EPYC rumors are already up the max core count is purported to be 80-90Cores design up from 64Cores, without SMT, when we factor that AMD performance jump is going leaps ahead, in parallel to give Intel a shock, ARM announced new designs Neoverse V1 and N2 designs, Anandtech guesstimated performance is at EPYC Milan levels. Amazon Graviton 3 is inevitable now...

Alder Lake is going to be hot. Also if rumors are correct, they are killing off AVX512. If Zen 4 brings it, then Intel is toast. And their purported ST IPC boost is not doing anything. Rocket Lake has hit 19% IPC gain but in the workload performance it was barely an inch above CML and Zen 3 still beat it in SMT.

LTSC, I will wait what M$ unfolds. I want a Desktop OS, so LTSC Win10 is better direction. But I doubt that, still gotta see what is in their bag tmrw.

Papusan and Clamibot like this.