Windows 11 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jun 17, 2021.

1. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    lol microslop...you guys are funny....i actually liked windows 10 hated 8..im not a power user and dont really tweak anything besides the wallpaper and I feel your pain.....hard to believe I used to be a hacker and actually gave a damn, but when I realised the cia/mi5/mossad/ectera were running the show basically the 4 eyes quality control I lost interest too many people(scrubs)...windows 11 looks like its designed for a 10 yearold autistic kid though I really hope they dont dumb it down more and I hope that autistic kid is a computer genius lol...

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I am starting to wonder if it is designed by a twisted and sadistic "team" that enjoys seeing how much absurd rubbish their irrationable fanboys are willing to put up with. Otherwise, it is really hard to believe that anyone that participated in the development could actually be proud of Windows 8, 10, or 11 and view their work as an accomplishment. They seem to have mastered the art of extreme stupidity and have the following sheeple herd to prove it.

JRE84 and Papusan like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    You can be a genius in many ways, clever in coding, fantastic UI designer, good in many things but still be dumb as a bread and can't see own limits.
    upload_2021-7-10_21-34-16.png

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    yeah I just gave up, serious jail time if caught now its been 15 or so years and i'm not worried....however there was alot of what hackers like to call sniffing..anywho nice quote.....I have my strengths and weaknesses I try but have always struggled with conversation.

Vasudev, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    This will fix enough of the Windows 11 disgusting GUI issues that I am thinking it is better than 190x through current. Not as good as LTSC, but almost. It makes it very tolerable. Only thing left to fix is the icons if you do not like the Fisher-Price icons that ship with Windows 11.

6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Several ways to Heaven.... Win 11 UI is disgusting! Third-party utilities is a must if you want to be the guinea pig for this Apple copy cat OS.

How to Replace the Start Menu in Windows 11 tomshardware.com

Get a more compact Start menu with greater information density.

Windows 11 has some interesting new features, but its UI is polarizing. If you're like me, you downloaded a Windows 11 ISO and did a clean install on a test machine, but don't like the new version of the Start menu because it takes much more screen real estate. In the first preview build of Windows 11, you were able to tweak a registry setting and get back Windows 10's Start menu, but Microsoft killed that option with the first major update.

Spartan@HIDevolution and Vasudev like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
  8. Trevayne10

Trevayne10 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hey Mr. Fox - LTNS. Hope you're doing well.

Are you giving serious thought to migrating to Linux (whether Mint / Ubuntu / Fedora) as your daily driver?

- Trev

ps - for me (now one day shy of August, 2021), i try to keep a little perspective: i just consider Windows 10/11 to be apps launchers, and that's it. Fugly as they may look & feel.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Gumwars, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Hey bro. Good to see you again, friend. All is well. Thanks for asking. I hope the same is true for you.

Yes, I started this process over a year ago, maybe two. I have been a casual Linux user for years, but I began to recognize that my tolerance for stupid bull crap would soon be depleted, and Windows keeps getting crappier.

Linux is unquestionably superior to Windows as far as I am concerned. Sadly, Windows software is superior to Linux software. Otherwise, I would no longer waste any drive space on Windows. Windows 11 is making me seriously question whether or not the software that has kept me using Windows is important enough to continue putting up with the OS.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021