Windows 11 Pro - (No Bloat/Telemetry/Auto-Updates/Defender) - Pre-Activated

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by S.K, Sep 27, 2021.

1. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    This software called Wu10Man really goes well with Windows 10 and Windows 11. I 100% recommend that everyone installing these should get their hands on this tool. It saved my computer numerous times and the nifty little feature where it can disable system scheduled tasks is pretty neat.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Fox and Rokobo like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Thanks. I had not seen this before. Nifty tool. When it comes to Micro$lop's Automatic Updates, I like throwing the baby out with the bath water. Have you identified any reason to consider going with the MSI version versus portable? I lean heavily in favor of portable whenever functionality is equivalent, especially when it is a run once (or run infrequently) utility.

3. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    It works the exact same way. I myself use the portable version. The only thing different in the MSI version is that it relies on some system DLLs instead of packing everything up within the same directory. But functionally there is no difference.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I find that to generally be true of all portable apps. While there are some exceptions now and then, portable apps are generally identically to those that are installed.

I have found that it is often possible to drag the folder of an installed program to another location and use it as a portable app even when doing so was never intended. I have also had some success with exporting registry keys as .reg files and merging them versus installing when I want a portable version of something that doesn't launch properly when treated as a portable app.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:33 AM
    S.K likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Fair enough I didn't have good experience with Reset this pc feature but I had few people complaining Reset this Pc was broken after few oths in my custom OS.

S.K likes this.