WIndows 11 insiders. Will it run on my dell 11 3000?

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by kojack, Jun 29, 2021.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I know it does not meet the suggested specs, but will the insiders releases work on my core m3 dell 3000?

2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  3. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Cool, thanks. Once I re install a new SSD into it I will fire it up for the wife. It's her machine. She wants to start using it again....After I foraged the SSD out of it for my workstation. Ha ha.
    Will I notice a speed difference as well going from the Kingston a400 to the Samsung 860 evo?

4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    You will NOT notice a difference between any SSD vs the other other than in synthetic benchmarks. an SSD is an SSD, fast as ****. Period. Just my 2 cents [​IMG]

kojack likes this.
  5. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thank you for confirming what I was experiencing. So really spending uber bucks on a sabrent 4 plus is not warranted for my video editing purposes.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  6. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I've tried them all. If I'd give you 3 machines, one with a Samsung 980 Pro, one with a Sabrent Rocket Plus, and one with a Mickey Mouse SSD, you wouldn't be able to tell which is which unless you like copy a 20+ GB file from one partition to the other then maybe the more expensive SSDs will copy it a few seconds faster as they have higher sequential read/write speeds but the random Read/Write speeds which are what most users deal with are very close randing between 40 to 60 MB at max for Read and 80 to 200 MB max for writes. Just get the largest SSD for the cheapest price. XMG and ADATA have good options and even if you get one of the popular brand last-gen SSDs for cheap it would be a good deal.

kojack likes this.
  7. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I will stick with my Kingston SSD for Sata drives and use something like the seagate nvme for cheap.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Been looking and the XMG 4tb is a "decent" price. I need two of those, and a 2 tb sata for the wifes 11 3000. So I will just use the kingston a400 for that. The two Nvme I remove from my computers will be the drives going into the USB-C dual NVME enclosure for notebook video editing. Have you seen any 4tb HDD in 2.5" form factor? I could not find any while looking. IF there are bigger than that I would like as much storage on HDD as I can.

9. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There are plenty of 2.5 inch 4TB HDDs out there but they wont fit inside of any laptop because all of them are 15nm in size while a normal laptop SATA HDD/SSD are 7nm.

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I am putting them into an enclosure or if they are already in an enclosure it would be fine too.