Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    So, how's noVidia's driver support on Windows 10 1809 LTSC? And overall hardware support? Anything I should be aware of?
    Will most likely create 100GB partition to test it out.

2. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    You guys, I think Windows 10 LTSC is the ****! At least it's my initial thought.
    Had no problem installing noVidia drivers. However unfortunately Calculator crashes once I try to use converter...
    Also wonder how Ryzen 3700X will like it...

hmscott likes this.
  3. Avé César

Avé César Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys, each time i connect my phone as a modem to my pc, windows create a new key in the registry even i had named my network, windows will gives it a number and so on. Don't wanna a registry key each day i connect my modem... I think my phone change the mac address each time, maybe that's why but if someone got a clue for this annoying thing, thanks.

4. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I don't think you can stop it from happening, but you can clean up afterwards every so often as you want. I had a similar situation / device a long time ago, and found an app to remove them at the time. There may be multi-function clean up tools since then that have an option to remove them as well.

It's been so long I don't recall the name of the application I used at that time, but found a gui/cmdline tool now that should work, there are likely better solutions, but this looks like enough for now:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/device_cleanup_cmd.html
    https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/device_cleanup_tool.html

I hope that works for your need. Please let us know how it goes. :)

Papusan likes this.
  5. Avé César

Reputations:
    it's not device as you mention, it's in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    Each key under profiles as shown in my screen are the same but windows each days names it "Reseau 20; Reseau 21...." even the 1st day i connect my phone as a modem and gave it a name. I have to all manually delete it but windows keep doing it infinitly

(Reseau = Network )

Attached Files:

hmscott likes this.
  6. hmscott

Reputations:
    That's annoying :)

I've been annoyed by the simple creation of multiple audio entries whenever I move to a different USB port - or BT connection, so now I have 4 entries instead of 1, but it's not so annoying I'm going to worry about it or feel the need to change - besides I'm used to seeing the "right" -number for the USB port I am plugged in to.

This is different, and I wonder since it's a "network" if it's a result of the auto-discovery of network devices?

Perhaps you can turn off automatic setup of new network connected devices by disabling auto-discovery for Private / Public and see if it stops happening? Unless you set it for Public, then disable that. I usually disable both myself.
    Private Network Auto Device discovery - try disabling it.PNG
    Public Guest  Auto Device discovery - try disabling it.PNG

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  7. Avé César

Reputations:
    It's done since day 1, install win 10, tweaking my pc......

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  8. hmscott

Reputations:
    Somehow each time you connect your device is being seen as something new and different. If I plug in a device into the same USB port it continues with the same name and configuration. If I plug the same device into another port it gets a new name.

I've got a USB DAC with 7 names, including Bluetooth, but it's actually useful as I have each with slightly different configurations.

Somehow your device is randomizing it's identify each time it's connected to appear new. That's interesting. There are some that will randomize their MAC or return other false randomized information to remain unique - to avoid tracking.

You don't happen to have some settings like those enabled on the device?

9. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
    Win 10 Home Version 1909

When i open a photo using the built in photos app everything is normal, But as soon as i make the photo/gif fullscreen my screen brightness goes to what looks like full brightness, I cannot tell because as soon as i click the taskbar the brightness goes back to normal.

Does this happen to anybody else.

10. hmscott

Reputations:
    I responded to something similar here, with links to adding screen brightness controls of various types back to advanced power options, and perhaps one of those once added will allow you to control the brightness better:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-brightness-auto-sensor.831960/#post-10990753

There was a follow up post after mine that might help too.

Tinderbox (UK) likes this.