Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ive been delaying for nearly 4 years now on any build... :)

Mr. Fox, 6730b, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  2. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK Living with Hope

Reputations:
    Good, hope that I can do the same.

Mr. Fox, hmscott and Raiderman like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You can jump to LTSC v1607 W10 which has no updates just like W7. No point in upgrading to latest versions because v1703/1709/1803/1809 in their update changelog are affected with same bugs as usual. Even 1607 gets security updates. You should see better CPU processing time with Win 10 than Win 7. Win 7 is still single threaded optimised and if you multi task multi window or multi monitor with apps and games W7 will be dead slow.
    If you hate WIn 10, use VMware OS optimisation to kill 99% of useless items and you should be careful because after that Win 10 v1607 feels like XP. v1903 RAM usage has come down. Uses 1.3GB for peak usage w/ standby list being cleared when full.

Starlight5 and Dr. AMK like this.
  4. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Windows 7 is as much multi threaded optimized as windows 10. Dont spread fodder like that dude! Youre only adding to the already large list of BS, and scare tactics. Windows 7 blows 10 out of the water when it comes to benchmarking, just ask @Mr. Fox , @Johnksss etc. There are only a few benchmarks that run better on 10, and that list is very, very short one.

5. Starlight5

Starlight5 W I N T E R B O R N

Reputations:
    ... and totally sucks at everything else.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ya, Windows 7 really sucks at spying on you, forced updates that dont work, running pathetic store apps, confusing the user on how to open the actual control panel. Your post, as usual has no facts, and only shows how much kool-aid you've imbibed in. Do me a favor and block me, so you dont have to view my posts! Better yet, I will just block you.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Not related to benchmarks at all! W7 benches better than W8.xx and W10.xxx.xxx.xx. The thing is if you have multiple instances of same application say Control Panel, System restore tab, user roaming, environment variable settings,Personalisation etc.. all opened in background and switching between felt stutters back and forth. I usually have multiple instances of same app working in foreground and background.
    I really use Win 7 and XP in a VM and install Win 7 on older machines, so its not a FUD. I even tried it in a VM on Linux, same issue.

Starlight5 likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Help me understand why you would need or want all of those things open at the same time. I hardly ever need to open those built-in Windows components, and when I do, I don't have them all open at the same time. And, in the rare event that I might, the stutter wouldn't matter because I'd be done having them open after a few mouse clicks. Please know that I am not asking this in a smart aleck way, brother... just curious because I have heard others make similar comments and it really baffles me.

9. Vasudev

Reputations:
    After a fresh install, I need to redo everything on client machines, install SDKs and Code editors etc etc... I think I use 10 or more windows of control panel and switch them over. So, you noticed it as well? Its just becomes laggy like Samsung Touchwiz. I did see it on updated Win 7 Oct 2018 and above. Its random and does not occur always. I just applied some GDI+ and D3D update in Jan 2019. On newer hardware its noticeable when CPU usage is 80-90%. I used to do the same things during 2010-2014 and never really had the issue.

Starlight5 and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    No, I've never experienced that before. But, like I said, I've never really had much of a reason to have all those OS configuration utilities open at the same time. Maybe I did at some point during initial OS setup after a clean install and never noticed it. Once the initial configuration is complete, I'd be all done and make a Macrium image and not have much of a reason to do that again for a very long time.

But, more likely than not I've not done that before because I don't like multi-tasking that much. I generally do things in a very linear pattern, one thing at a time. I am also finding that I like multi-tasking even less as I get older and have gotten burned out on having to do that all day, 5 days a week, 40-60 hours a week, for my job. I'm not interested in doing that when I am not required to, LOL. As long as my computer runs at break-neck speeds, I don't need to. Maybe because it's my way of relaxing and unwinding (the opposite of multi-tasking).

Weird that you never had that problem in the past and do now. Probably just another manifestation of a screw-up by the Redmond Retards. They're really great at screwing things up.

Pretty much all of my benchmarks scores, save for Fire Strike, are higher with Windows 7. (Of course, this excludes any DX12 trash that won't run on Windows 7... those don't count and don't matter.)

I think Windows 7 blows Windows 10 out of the water on almost everything... not just benching. Windows 10 is a broken pile of garbage that doesn't offer me anything of value except for maybe a benchmark I want to run or game I want to play that requires DX12 or is a UWP filth title (like Gears of War 4). But, that's only true because the people that made the software are as stupid as a box full of rocks.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019