Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Anyone else seeing random keyboard and mouse input lag and repeated text characters with Windoze OS X 1803 FCU? I've never had this before, and both systems running 1803 are buggy that way.

hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah we have it. I installed .net sdks and rebuild its cache and so far the issue is minimized.
    Sent from my iPhone X Papusan edition using Tapatalk

hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Ok, I haven't done that yet. Will give that a go. Thanks for confirming I am not alone with that misery. Brother @Phoenix might have been worried about his MSI keyboard if that was happening to him also.

I was battling with a bunch of random and frequent BSOD issues pointing to ntoskrnl.exe with 1803, but I think it's actually the latest GeFarts drivers that are the culprit on that. After removing the GeFarts drivers and running Windows default display driver there were no more BSOD. Now I am back to my older drivers that are better for benching. Touch wood, @j95 mod for 387.92 seems to be stable. This is after tweaking all sorts of CPU and memory overclock settings and wasting time testing stability. All tests passed with flying colors, and the instability was during times of being idle or low demand.

I hate the way 1803 (and FCU) thinks my desktop has a battery like a laptop when the USB cable to my UPS is connected. How stupid is that? Every logon to the Windoze desktop, I get a stupid toast notification that my battery is extremely low, then it recognizes that it's not and the toast notification goes away. I hate all Windows 10 notifications. They are so stinking obnoxious and bloated like there is no tomorrow. The smartphone-loving idiot that invented them needs to be shot. Just another nail in the coffin of this butt-ugly OS. I don't want Windows to tell me about anything. Ever. It needs to just shut up, stay shut up, and take the orders exactly as I give them.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Vasudev, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Which one did you find helped that issue?

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    .net 4.5.2 and .net core sdk.

6. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Are you sure your keyboard & mouse aren't on their way out & need a clean. I'm seeing the same thing as you, it's getting worse, but it started happening before 1803 though, it is worse now though. I've RMA'd my nearly 2 yr old Logitech G303 mouse - they're sending me a new Logitech G Pro free of charge - Logitech warranty = awesome! My keyboard is mechanical keyboard, not responding to cleaning on some of the keys, Thermaltake Pozeidon Z mechanical keyboard - also need to RMA I think. It's not happening on my laptop which is on 1803. Strange that it's on both your systems though, so unlikely to be your peripherals then, unless they're of the same age model & been used the same. (I'm not seeing input lag, just double hits of some keys & left mouse button occasionally).

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Third Cumulative Update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update Is Now Liveo_O
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update 17134.83 (KB4338548) changelog
    "This update addresses an issue where the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks Desktop can’t run in multi-user mode on Windows 10, version 1803 devices. The QuickBooks multi-user mode service fails to start with error “Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.” and “Error 193: 0xc1”."

Known issues: Microsoft is not aware of any issues that affect this update currently:rolleyes:

It’s possible we will receive another cumulative update for the April 2018 Update on Patch Tuesday, since this one doesn’t carry any security fixes or the long list of performance fixes that cumulative updates usually bring.

You can manually download KB4338548 from →here←. And Good luck!

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Thanks. 1803 is a worthless POS. I wiped the drive this morning. Putting back Enterprise 2016 LTSB.

Yes, positive nothing is wrong with the hardware. Only experienced that with SCU piece of crap OS. No problem with W7 or previous version of W10, and as you noted, both systems. Also affects 3 different mice and 3 keyboards the same way. But, SCU is gone now. Not putting up with that garbage OS any more. It was unstable in other ways as well... Blue screens all the time, as well as random issues not wanting to load Windows on the first try. The more the Redmond Retards work it, the more screwed up it gets. These losers are just not very good at what they do any more. They haven't been any good at what they do since W8.X, LOL.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    hmscott, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That sucks. How do you find time to do this? I simply hate to re-install W10 whilst Linux is a joy to install which needs to be clean installed every 3 -5 years when new LTS comes out.
    You need to compile latest .net assemblies which you said to me last time I guess its called Ngen runner or something.
    I'll ask MSFT to include VC++ runtimes as well as SDKs to minimize the pain.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Bingo! That's the thing. You nailed it, bro. I don't have the time (or desire) for this kind of utter nonsense. That makes it all the more frustrating to find out that I wasted hours setting up an OS that is a worthless pile of trash. It's also why I am not wasting any more of my time with 1803 right now. Sadly, it is also an unflattering digital representation of the clowns that released it.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Arrrrbol, Papusan and Vasudev like this.