Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Vasudev, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Dr. AMK and Robbo99999 like this.
  3. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Cool, so they've just added Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake microcode updates to KB4090007. Just waiting for Sandybridge to be included so I can update that on my laptop - I'll do before & after CPU testing on that laptop when they arrive (no GPU/gaming benchmarks though because my GPU is dead in my laptop).

Vasudev, Dr. AMK and hmscott like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Yees, very nice (sarcasm:hi:). Nice way to promote or try to force people over on Windows 10 Version 1709 Aka FALL Update:no: They could do the same for all Win 10 versions + included 7 and 8.1 (Yesterday!!)

Raiderman and Vasudev like this.
  5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah, either that or maybe it requires extra work to get the microcodes implemented on the previous versions. Most people using Windows will be on the latest version though anyway, although I guess some business machines could be running older versions of Windows 10.

Vasudev and Dr. AMK like this.
  6. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I downloaded Insider preview 17115 and was testing few things by making custom tweaked versions using NTLite.
    It includes Home, Home N, Pro and Pro N. I removed education ISO/WIM files using NTLite and added some tweaks supported in NTLIte. The image size is 3.7GB and does additional Dism cleanup and takes 8.8GB after fresh install. Do note you need to install netfx3 separately. Hibernation is disabled for now. Takes 10-15 mins of extra install times since I added full Dism Reset for thorough Windows update cleanup and consumes 8.5GB after install. Adding netfx3 will add 200-300MB of data.
    Where should I upload it? Google drive or onedrive? Its multi edition ISO with x64 versions.
    EDIT: Removed 1.08GB of bloat from Home and Pro Non N versions and ~880MB on N versions. Free editions could remove only so much and with paid version you need remove much more.

Dr. AMK likes this.
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Groove Music finally integrates Equaliser. Preset modes available are Flat, Treble booster, Bass Boost, Car,Stereo,Laptop,Headphones etc...
    Much needed feature. OS finally feels like how creators update should have been.
    Bad thing is OS remediation is called OS Medic service to keep OS updated and upgraded to latest version like OS X.
    Core isolation feature in WD is buggy and slowdowns PC in realtime making it worthless to use. Finally MSFT addressed major bug in WD UWP GUI: Restarting explorer will no longer WD to be missing and its less intrusive. Hahaa..!

Dr. AMK likes this.
  9. Dr. AMK

Dr. AMK The Strategist

Reputations:
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Do you recommend to install it for main daily use?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  10. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    What about people who receive it?
    If they don't encrypt as well, then isn't it all pointless?