Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. MobileArtist

MobileArtist Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I always thought Vista SP2 was the most maligned and underrated OS. I ran it happily until MS cut all support, and the browsers followed suit. The only problem with Vista is they released it too eary, before there was proper driver support. SP2 fixed that, but as probably everyone knew they lost the perception battle, so they made a few changes and 7 was born.

I just got my copy of 8.1 Pro today, and will install it in a couple of days. I'll be looking for a program that shuts its privacy leaks down.

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Some info for you... Windows 10 Anti-Telemetry and Data Collection Tools-chefkochblog.wordpress.com

As well...
    Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide

And some enjoying + informative read... A bit old, but still valid!!:)
    Why Windows 10 Sucks or Everything Wrong with Microsoft Windows

Raiderman, Vasudev and toughasnails like this.
  3. Papusan

Reputations:
    Sorry double post:oops:

This was expected to happen...(This windows 10 fiasco is getting out of control. And will only being worse). The new Windows sevices policy push out all too many OS builds!! Why can't M$ go back to Service Packs, same as for older OS instead of this damn Update mess? New main OS builds two times a year will let this happen (Only God knows how many builds is floating out there at same time).

Microsoft admits the bug (again)-AskWoody

upload_2018-3-10_11-46-51.png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    WU installed it w/o my permission and I uninstalled w/o Windows permission. Problem solved and we're even. When RS4 goes RTM, I am gonna upgrade.

5. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have reported your post. I don't think condescension towards users of this forum is part and parcel of the user guidelines.

6. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the support. Have a good one.

7. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    You think my phrase "Maybe you need to get out more" represents serious condescension? That is unbelievable.

You have consistently ignored the posting of people who simply state, as a matter of fact, that their Windows machines are not crashing all the time, insisting otherwise.

My machines have all been completely stable, except for the single resolved problem on my Vista setup provoked by a single faulty piece of hardware.

It's been a few years since I had a Mac, but when I did it was frequently problematic. There were no blue screens...the machine would just freeze up.

0lok likes this.
  8. MobileArtist

Reputations:
    Thanks, Papusan, for that comprehensive list. That is very useful.

In the first link...the collection of anti telemetry and data collection tools...the author makes a disclaimer that he doesn't recommend using them. But given some very good tech articles on how Windows defeats and resets privacy settings, why not use such tools?

It's also interesting in the replies to his "article" that some people have no concern at all about the constant OS monitoring. What a strange pass we have come to when the idea of data collection of all sorts is considered normal and commonplace. Does this mean that a great novelist or screenplay writer's files are up for grabs?

9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    On a serious note, I've been using Windows 10 since the first build Threshold 1 up until today's later insider preview for Redstone 4 and I know my way around this garbage OS and how to tame it and make it behave.

If you post in details what are your concerns, perhaps we could help you.

10. Papusan

Reputations:
    What they mean with not use such tools... You can risk screw up your OS if you don't know what you do. Some tools don't notice or automaticly create a system restore point. As you know... Not all use backup:D Some tools don't work. The list go on... Micro$haft can make major changes and nothing will work as intended. Finally, some tools can have bugs. Hence all bug fixes:p