Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Exclusive: New Windows 10 Consumer SKU Roadmap Revealed-thurrott.com
    [​IMG]

The leaked document also offered an intriguing view into how Microsoft prices Windows 10 for different tiers of device. The document defines a hierarchy of device configurations—Entry, Value, Core, Core+, and Advanced—each with their own hardware specifications and Windows pricing.

Microsoft defines “Core+” PC, for example, as a desktop machine with less than 8GB of RAM and up to 2TB of storage. For such PCs, Microsoft charges $86.66 for Windows 10. For an “Advanced” PC with hardware like a Core i7 plus 16GB of memory, Microsoft charges $101 for Windows 10.
    The price changes go into effect April 2, with the exception of Windows 10 Home for the Advanced tier, which launches May 1.

For device configuration in 2018, the company is pushing its partners to set Edge as the default browser, installing the LinkedIn UWP app, pre-install Office, and limiting app pinning to 1 legacy win 32 app on the desktop, 1 legacy app on the taskbar and for the Start menu, 25% Win32/75% Microsoft Store.

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The pricing is OK. Not any worse than before. Now, if only the Windows 10 OS were actually a respectable product. Also of equal concern, does "Advanced" mean Pro, or a partially castrated version of Pro with reduced features designed to interfere with end user control of the OS? The mere fact that they are calling it "Advanced" makes me even more suspicious that it is going to be a suckier version than Pro.

Vasudev, Ashtrix and Raiderman like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Remember the Pro version is already downgraded to the Home Edition (Horror Edition). Pro ain't as it was before. We saw the changes who have to come, when M$ pushed for Windows 10 pro workstation edition.

Falco152, Vasudev and Ashtrix like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    No, I did not remember because I am not paying attention. I no longer care what they do because I have no intention of allowing their stupidity to affect me going forward. They are pathetic losers and I am treating them as such.

I have RS3 Pro for Workstations locked down on the P870DM-G to where it cannot receive any further updates and Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSB 2016 locked down on the desktop with no access to updates. I have no intention of moving forward with the Redmond Nazi OS X filth roadmap. Windows 7 is my primary OS on the desktop. I only have Windoze OS X for Fire Strike and Time Spy benchmarks. I'm not even installing anything else on it.

As soon as Brother @Prema has time to fix the Kaby Lake BIOS for the P870DM-G so that Windows 7 will run on it I will be doing exactly the same thing on the laptop. The only reason I am using Windoze OS X on it right now is because I cannot use Windows 7 on it until that is fixed. The lack of legacy video support for Windows 7 has all but killed my interest in using it. That is why you see no benching activity or anything about the P870DM-G right now. That, and also I need help from @Khenglish with the MXM soldering. I have no interest in doing any GPU benching with a single unmodded 980M at this time. It's totally pointless and I cannot muster any excitement about it being bound and shackled by Windows OS X cancer.

This is how much of my system Windows 10 deserves to occupy. I have allocated the correct NVMe RAID0 percentage to it based on the amount of value it adds.

upload_2018-2-5_22-32-47.png

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Advanced for 101$ is Home Edition. Name is for HW tier, not Windows distributive.

Core +: High end CPU and >4 GB RAM (All Form Factors) ≥8 GB RAM & ≥1080p screen resolution (NB, 2in1, AiO)

Another price bump for notebook with minimal normal screen resolution (FHD). As if there is no budget 1080p notebook with 6GB RAM and i5. MS says there shouldn't be any.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Papusan, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Retarded monkeys made it for stupid monkeys that are willing to buy it. Just when you think they can't be any more messed up, out comes another hot and steamy deep dish colon loaf from the bowels of Redmond.

Ashtrix, Raiderman and Papusan like this.
  8. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone have an issue with the most recent cumulative update download? My Windows Update hasn't downloaded it yet, i had an issue with the one from January 3 (meltdown patch) which i fixed by reverting to default hosts file because there were some leftover lines from that software Anti-Spyware Beacon blabla...which i used a year ago (I hate it when applications don't exactly revert back the changes they have made if you ask them to).

Anyway, the hosts file is fixed now and WU should find the update, yet here i am...waiting and fixing W10 bugs everyday because somehow things break

hmscott likes this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Good thing we got W10 early. W10 OS just feels like Android flagship, mid range and budget devices.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Did a quick install of Windows 10 phone this morning before work, and ran fire strike. What a joke, score was 2000 points down from my Windows 7. Maybe because it's LTSB Enterprise 2016? Or probably too busy sending packets of data back to headquarters?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Vasudev, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.