Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I'm on my phone now... If only I could explain how snappy Threshold 1 is it's like Windows 7 on steroids with new hardware support. More to come soon

KY_BULLET, Raiderman, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I am not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate a little bit? Are you referring to the installer or the MSI brand?

Unless I hear lots of good things and see enough evidence to support the accuracy of the hubris spewing from the talking heads, I generally stick with a known good performer.

upload_2018-1-21_11-43-57.png

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    KY_BULLET, Raiderman and Papusan like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    MSI is Message signaled interrupts. More description is here
    Simple App to tweak MSI limit and enable MSI. https://github.com/CHEF-KOCH/MSI-utility/releases
    Nvidia put a limit of 1 message per queue. At stock clocks you can change it to 16/24/32. Higher value increases the ability to queue up requests, only downside is you feel dizzy after enabling the tweak. I was trying it on Witcher 3 and certainly it felt more than 60 fps or more pixel updates/sec. But RTSS was showing constant 60 on custom High settings with Nvidia HairFx disabled.
    So proceed with caution, if you're OC'ing don't change the default limit value.
    I felt Maxwell was Pascal for a second.
    It caused dizziness so reverted back to default values and my eyes were alright.

Mr. Fox, hmscott and KY_BULLET like this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox

Failed attempt. While Windows was snappy as heck, as if it was Windows 7 on steroids, most my drivers failed to install with a message that the driver doesn't support this OS. Heck I couldn't even install the latest nCrapia Drivers! This Windows 10 BS is horrid. It's like you're installing an entirely different OS not Windows 10 with these driver compatibilities. Now every build of 10 requires its own set of drivers. Imagine the poor n00bs who don't kow all this stuff when their brand new laptop stops working properly after a Windows Build update due to drivers

Ashtrix, Vasudev, KY_BULLET and 4 others like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    The Redmond Nazis are creating a world that lives to serve their zombie-bot digital gonorrhea machine. As I have said many times, they are not our friends. They are the source of most of our problems, either directly or indirectly. They have the OEMs and ODMs on a leash braided into their crotch hairs, and most of them are happy to drink their feces- and urine-laced Kool-Aid because they are retarded butt-kissing yes men.

Ashtrix, 0lok, KY_BULLET and 3 others like this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    yeah well now even if I did figure out some of the drivers, if I have some new games that would only run on the latest driver I'm SOL since I cannot install the latest nVIDIA Drivers. I think Micro$h4ft and nGreedia are together in this conspiracy. First Telemetry, then no support for older OSes, and now no support for older Windows 10 builds even! You're either on the latest or you won't use your computer. Period.

7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I have no problems like that with Windows 7. In fact, Windows 7 is better today than it ever has been. I think the limitations the Nazis are imposing that you refer to are to arm-twist W10 users into accepting all of their filth every time an update emerges from their digital colon.

Ashtrix, 0lok, Vasudev and 4 others like this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I wonder if @j95 have some ideas what can be done with new Ngreedia drivers and old OS builds.

9. Raiderman

Raiderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    OMG I lauged my *** off with that one!

Ashtrix, steberg and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    We all need to laugh and poke fun because psychotic depression is the alternative if we really focus on what a pathetic abortion Windows 10 is.

Ashtrix, macmyc, Vasudev and 4 others like this.