Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Download this offline update and apply this update. Afterwards, Use Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase in elevated cmd prompt or Powershell.
    If you have hibernate turned on, briefly disable it by running powercfg -h off
    Re-run the netfx3 offline package and see if it is installing. For testing purpose, disable 3rd party AVs.

2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    @cj_miranda23

I just had someone's laptop with a fresh install of RS3 and it had the same issue but after we did all the Windows updates and rebooted and tried installing the .NET 3.5 Framework from the Programs & Features via get files online, it worked just fine

Papusan, Vasudev and cj_miranda23 like this.
  3. Christcena

Christcena Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey, I am a newbie here.

4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Hello and welcome to the NBR Forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Please take a brief moment to read the forum rules >>> Forum Rules

[​IMG]

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Microsoft removes Google’s Chrome installer from the Windows Store
    By Tom Warren@tomwarren Dec 19, 2017, 3:04pm EST
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16797358/microsoft-google-chrome-windows-store-removal

"Google published a Chrome app in the Windows Store earlier today, which just directed users to a download link to install the browser. Microsoft isn’t impressed with Google’s obvious snub of the Windows Store, and it’s taking action. “We have removed the Google Chrome Installer App from Microsoft Store, as it violates our Microsoft Store policies,” says a Microsoft spokesperson in a statement to The Verge.

Citing the need to ensure apps “provide unique and distinct value,” Microsoft says “we welcome Google to build a Microsoft Store browser app compliant with our Microsoft Store policies.” That’s an invitation that Google is unlikely to accept. There are many reasons Google won’t likely bring Chrome to the Windows Store, but the primary reason is probably related to Microsoft’s Windows 10 S restrictions. Windows Store apps that browse the web must use HTML and JavaScript engines provided by Windows 10, and Google’s Chrome browser uses its own Blink rendering engine. Google would have to create a special Chrome app that would adhere to Microsoft’s Store policies.

Most Windows 10 machines don’t run Windows 10 S, so Google probably won’t create a special version just to get its browser listed in the Windows Store. Google can’t just package its existing desktop app into a Centennial Windows Store app, either. Microsoft is explicit about any store apps having to use the Edge rendering engine.

The Verge understands Google created this installer app to combat the fake Chrome apps that can be found in the Windows Store, a problem Microsoft has been trying to address for years. Google’s workaround has now been removed from the Windows Store, so Windows 10 users will have to continue using Microsoft Edge to access the download site for Chrome if they want to access Google’s browser.

This isn’t the first time Microsoft and Google have battled over browsers or platforms. Both companies fought over a YouTube app for Windows Phone, Microsoft targeted Google with “Scroogled” commercials, and Microsoft has also criticized Chrome’s battery usage. We’ve reached out to Google to see if this is a battle that will continue, but the company is not commenting on the removal.

Update 4PM ET: article updated to note Google is not commenting on Microsoft’s app removal."

Papusan, Raiderman and Vasudev like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Micro$hity Rings Death Knell For Computer Passwords With Windows Hello As The Secure Solution
    [​IMG]

We are encouraging users to try it, and see for themselves that it is easier to use than passwords,” says Rob Lefferts, director of program management for Windows Enterprise and Security. “I think one of the fears that people have is that new technology is just going to be more complicated, and not realize that we’ve pushed to make it simpler and better.”

Windows Hello can be tricked using a printed photo [​IMG]

But how long will newer Windows 10 branches 1703 and 1709 be secure? A new way to force the OS users over on next Alpha Builds?:rolleyes:

Ashtrix, Raiderman and Vasudev like this.
  7. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Anyone else getting this problem with Windows 10 & ideas on resolution?

Yes, so since the Fall Creators Update the taskbar is sometimes becoming unresponsive, probably once every 4 days roughly. This renders the taskbar unusable & sometimes freezes the whole computer, but problem can be solved by Ctrl-Alt-Del and then Signing Out & then signing back in.

Windows Event Viewer Logs is showing the following which corresponds to the time of the Error:
    Event 360, Warning, User Device Registration,
    Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched

Also, when signing out to solve the problem it will hang saying something is preventing it signing out, specifically the following is preventing signing out unless you click the "Sign out anyway button":
    "Task Host is stopping background tasks (\Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device Install Reboot Required)"

Note that I haven't plugged anything new into the PC when this happens.

I've tried running sfc /scannow to check there are no core Windows file issues, and it doesn't detect any issues.

I've reported this just now over the Microsoft forums, but unsure if I reported it in the right place! Here's the thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-9d28-40a7-9ccb-925d494a7319?tm=1514538035042

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    1) Reporting it to Microsoft is useless. You will just get scripted answers.

2) I've never had this issue but from what you described, you see, when I install the OS, part of the things I do in Group Policy Editor is to disable Windows Hello :hi: altogether because I don't use it

3) Are you using any custom start menu app like Classic Shell?

4) Was this a clean install of Windows 10 Fall Creators update or an upgrade? If it was an upgrade, then this is just the start of the problems you may encounter. You see, a lot of registry entries, files, etc, were changed with this upgrade that there is a high probability of weird errors here and there and performance loss due to that so a clean install is the only solution.

Papusan, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  9. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi Phoenix, thanks for the reply. Ha, I don't even know what Windows Hello is! I'm just using vanilla Windows 10, back in 2015 when I first upgraded to Windows 10 I did use O&O Shutup for a while, but decided to just use vanilla Windows in the end. It was an upgrade to the Fall Creators Update, not a clean install. I've not had any performance loss with Fall Creators.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    There you go. I'm actually surprised that you managed to make it so far with all these updates. You see, with each new build, there are radical changes which even makes a lot of the previous drivers which were tested/supported on that previous built not even compatible with the newer build. So much for Windows 10 not having any more 10.1, 10.2 etc like Microsoft said and they said it's the one and only and last OS. Well with each build, new problems just keep arising.

I don't know what else to suggest other than:

1) Go to Group Policy Editor (provided you have Pro installed) then Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Hello for Business > Use Windows Hello for Business and set that rule to disabled

2) Update all your drivers like Graphics Card Driver, Audio, Card Reader, LAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth and finally the touchpad.

If you have issues finding updated drivers, just list the components for me and I'll help you.

Example: Realtek S5250 Card Reader

3) If all this fails, then clean install is your only choice

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017