Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Aroc, Ashtrix, James D and 4 others like this.
  2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Got Windows 10 Game Stuttering? Disable MS Game DVR feature
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/got-windows-10-game-stuttering-disable-ms-game-dvr-feature.html

"Microsoft support engineer Paul "Jesse Pinkman" Aaron confirmed that some users experience stuttering issues playing games in Windows 10 were the result of the Windows 10 Creator Update.

Thanks to all of you who provided feedback and submitted traces via the Feedback app. We've been reviewing the traces and have identified an issue that we believe is the cause of stuttering in some of the cases that you've reported.

We have a fix in the Windows Insider build that flighted to the "Fast" ring this week (build 16273 and above). If you are already an Insider please test it with any app or game you're having this problem with and let us know how it goes.

If you want to test it out and you're not an Insider yet you can find instructions on joining the Windows 10 Insider Program here: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/how-to-pc/.

A post on MSPoweruser has a note on a workaround, saying: "some gamers are reporting that disabling the Xbox Game DVR feature is fixing the issue for them, but that’s not working for everyone." Here's word on plans to address this further:

It is important to note that some gamers are reporting that disabling the Xbox Game DVR feature is fixing the issue for them, but that’s not working for everyone.

It also seems unlikely Microsoft will be able to fix the issue in the Creators Update with a new cumulative update, and gamers will probably need to update to the Fall Creators Update once it gets released in October.

We have reached out to Microsoft for more information on the issue, and we’ll update this article when and if we hear back."

Aroc, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The issue is persists on low end and mid range gaming systems, I did disable Game mode and DVR rebooted the machine and turned them ON so far its working, on heavy scenes I see improvements of 5-10 fps.

Aroc, Papusan and hmscott like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Aroc, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  5. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    After reading your link, I think the bit you quoted is just a general advice, I didn't get the impression that this particular Windows update is necessarily causing a significant amount of problems - it's just the author's general advice.

Aroc, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    I wanted it in my post... Everyone is hereby warned, LOL

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Everything looks good, no issues found w/ latest updates.

Aroc likes this.
  8. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Ha, ok, I lived on the edge & didn't make a backup, but it updated ok - mind you part of the reason I didn't do a back up was because it auto-downloaded the update & then only gave me the option of "Update & Shut Down" when I wanted to leave for work this morning!

Papusan likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    If I want something from Win Update, I will do it my way. Not being forced by M$. Never a good idea let the Redmond Morons have the key and update YOUR MACHINE:D Be careful... You can get a Micky:p

Vasudev, Aroc and Robbo99999 like this.
  10. Robbo99999

Reputations:
    Ha, a Micky, I like the analogy! Must increase frequency of back up cycle!

Vasudev and Aroc like this.