Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    What Raiderman said ^^^ - I don't hate Windows. I am at the point now where it's probably close to accurate to say that I do hate Micro$loth. Windows is the only operating system capable of doing what I expect it to do. I hate the endless supply of stupidity flowing from the "creative" minds of the Windows 10 development team. They have an agenda that is at enmity with millions of people that don't want their screwed up crap.

I also love Linux. Mint is amazing. Unfortunately, none of the software that I am not willing to give up will work with Linux, so as much as I like it, using it makes no sense for me. I wish that could be different, and if were different, the Redmond Retards would be watching their P's and Q's a whole lot closer.

Papusan, 6730b and Ashtrix like this.
  2. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^^^ That is Excellent.

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Microsoft's August Patch Tuesday Fixes 48 Security Issues
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ugust-patch-tuesday-fixes-48-security-issues/

Microsoft CVE Summary
    https://cdn.rawgit.com/campuscodi/M...Reports/master/Reports/MSRC_CVEs2017-Aug.html

Microsoft's July Patch Tuesday Fixes 55 Security Issues
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...-july-patch-tuesday-fixes-55-security-issues/

Microsoft CVE Summary
    https://cdn.rawgit.com/campuscodi/M...Reports/master/Reports/MSRC_CVEs2017-Jul.html

It makes it tough to "skip updates" when this many nasty bugs with serious consequences are being patched monthly.

4. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOK's = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    New is always better!! Kiss my asss. Same also in every new Ngreedia driver update. Only Windoze X is mentioned with issues. Not Win7 and 8.1 !! This tells everything. Windoze has been out a very long time now, but the Redmond Morons doesn't want or can't Fix it... They make more issues instead + more unwanted ****y pastel colored tile stuff computer users doesn't really need. We can instead download what we want, if we want it. Why put it into the OS? They force it on us!! At all costs:(

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Ashtrix, hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I've been doing it for years. Not an issue as far as I'm concerned. I don't even use any computer security software and haven't for several years.

Crossing the street is dangerous. So is eating certain types of unhealthy food. Everything causes cancer. The possibility of getting killed in a car accident or plane crash doesn't stop me, or even cause me to to momentarily ponder the risk involved with using either form of transportation. I have money in my bank account even though it might get stolen through identity theft. The risk of having my credit card numbers stolen doesn't stop me from using them.

It's better to do whatever you want and have things the way you want them and enjoy life than it is to live in fear.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Vasudev, Ashtrix and hmscott like this.
  7. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why can't it be 3.5 BILLION?

Fluffyfurball, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    I fix it for yoo:D The company should have been closed!! Scam + Trashbooks. Close it!!

Lenovo's Superfish bloatware scandal reveals a sneaky tactic we thought Microsoft had started:p

"If that sounds familiar, it should. A year or so later, Microsoft was busy trying to encourage consumers to upgrade to Windows 10, through a series of increasingly annoying nagware screens. In May 2016, it went too far: A popup pushing Windows 10 would opt consumers into Windows 10 if they clicked the “X” at the top of the window to dismiss it. That behavior prompted complaints on Reddit and other sites, and neatly encapsulated Microsoft’s strong-arm tactics to force its user base onto Windows 10"

----------------------------------

Windows 10 S review: Microsoft's OS for students is hard to love

"Conclusion: If this is Windows, kids will want a Mac
    It’s difficult to construct a scenario where a user would want Windows 10 S. Sure, an elementary-school student with a curriculum built around the Web might not care whether they use Edge or Chrome. A concerned parent trying to minimize distractions for a child away at school might buy a machine running an OS that locked out most games. Part of the issue concerns how Microsoft has attempted to stretch Windows 10 S from elementary schools all the way through college, which have vastly different requirements in terms of hardware and software.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    Vasudev, Ashtrix and Falkentyne like this.
  9. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:

Unfortunately we are screwed to the core, as noted M$ Office & Windows Server too they seemed to like the Adobe's way of raking billions by subscription model over one time license, to lock the users out due to zero competition and psychological disadvantage (for us and advantage for them) of showing the pricing plans and feature set like cloud integration etc..

How to choose the right Windows 10 release channel

As-Usual for us, who want the best Windows 10 experience without all that nasty POS Beta crud and Beta driver mess with constant barraging of updates and unwanted features from Insider Rings. We now have LTSC, A change from LTSB.

10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    For all of you excited about the crossover of Xbox into Windows 10, this is the kind of joy coming to Windows 10 from the Xbox world :)

Mayweather McGregor Refund Triggered Enforcement
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6ycjvf/mayweather_mcgregor_refund_triggered_enforcement/

"I ordered the fight via the UFC App on Xbox One. The fights did not load until 3.5 hours after they were supposed to and I only got to see the last 15 minutes of the main fight. So, I requested and received a refund the next day.

A week later (today) I got banned for marketplace fraud?? I submitted a request for a review and it was almost immediately upheld.

What the hell is going on? I requested a refund for a product that I paid for AND DID NOT RECEIVE, and was granted a refund by a MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE and now I am paying for a product (Xbox Live) that I can not use because I have been suspended?

Anyone have advice on how to get this resolved?"

Xbox Enforcement's unlimited power vs. the completely screwed customer with no chance of recourse. :D

Something like this happening to myself and several other friends is why I stopped getting Xbox along with my Nintendo and Sony game systems.

Microsoft is out to kill all of their businesses, one customer at a time. o_O

Vasudev likes this.