Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hey, if it works it works, I'll be testing it for sure - if Game Mode allows for all non-essential core Windows activities to be suspended while at the same time dedicating maximum CPU resources to the game, then this is a plus point. If it will end up working like that - I do not know, hope so!

hmscott likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The comment like a game console really does emphasize what an utterly stupid half-wit group of imbeciles we are dealing with that are behind the Windows 10 abortion. These retarded monkeys probably couldn't find their butt with both hands, and aspiring to make a PC more like a console is about the most idiotic comment I've seen from them. They should not be compared in any way to console trash. If I wanted to have console I would have one... I don't.

This is a PC OS... Nothing more, nothing less. Pull your head out Micro$haft! The more you do, the more you suck at what you do.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Ashtrix, Aroc, 6730b and 1 other person like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I expect you saw the link to the Windoze Experience Blog also. Yeah, the new OS is intended for the upcoming new generation who use the OS most part for social media and gaming with Trashbooks. Not as a working tool.

Ashtrix, Mr. Fox and Aroc like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I have not had time to look at the comment today. I agree with your comments, as usual. Great minds think alike. The only "working tool" is the group of "tools" on the Windows 10 product development team that think this pathetic pile of trash OS is an accomplishment they can be proud of.

Phoenix and Ashtrix like this.
  5. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Microsoft Will Not Patch SMBLoris Vulnerability
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/microsoft-will-not-patch-smbloris-vulnerability/

"Microsoft has declined to patch a vulnerability in the Server Message Block (SMB) file sharing protocol that affects all versions of the Windows operating system released in the past two decades, since Windows 2000.

The vulnerability is named SMBLoris and was discovered by two RiskSense security researchers — Sean Dillon (@zerosum0x0) and Jenna Magius (@jennamagius) — while exploring the NSA's EternalBlue SMB exploit back in June."

SMBLoris affects all three SMB protocol versions + Samba
    "The two discovered a flaw in the SMB protocol and affects all three versions — SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 — but also the Samba Linux server that provides SMB interoperability with Linux systems.

The vulnerability allows an attacker to open a connection to a remote computer via the SMB protocol and instruct that computer to allocate RAM to handle the connection. The attacker doesn't have to be authenticated.

The SMBLoris flaw is dangerous because it allows an attacker to open tens of thousands of connections to the same machine, exhausting its RAM and potentially crashing the target's computer.

The vulnerability does not allow remote code execution, which means an attacker can't take over vulnerable computers, but only crash them, at best."

SMBLoris
    Windows Denial of Service Vulnerability
    https://smbloris.com/

What versions of Windows are affected?
    "The vulnerability is in all modern versions of Windows, at least from Windows 2000 through Windows 10. Systems are still vulnerable even if all versions of SMB (1, 2, and 3) are disabled."

What is the threat?
    "It is computationally inexpensive for an attacker to cause large memory allocations and enormous amounts of wasted CPU cycles†, rendering vulnerable machines completely unusable, making business-critical services (such as web and mail servers) unavailable, and even causing the entire operating system to crash."

Papusan, Mr. Fox and Ashtrix like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Screw 'em. The only thing that is really dangerous is Micro$haft and their cancerous updates that limit functionality. That's why I don't allow them to "update" my stuff. They're really handy at breaking things that are more important than the vulnerabilities they are worried about. I'd rather have a machine that does what I want it to do with some minor risk associated with it than to have them be pretending to my nanny. The remotely possible risk of a crash is a non-issue to me. Very stupid what they're doing here. Fix an unlikely problem by breaking valuable stuff for the millions... brilliant... what a bunch of dumb-asses, LOL.

Papusan, Ashtrix and hmscott like this.
  7. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Seems someone is out of touch with reality. In the blog, among the usual pileup of self-adoration, this shows up:
    According to all known, existing and current os statistics, that's a plain lie.
    Or maybe they asked Cortisona and believed in the obvious answer.

8. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Recently Patched Flash Bug Can Leak Windows Credentials
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...tched-flash-bug-can-leak-windows-credentials/

"Earlier this week, Adobe patched a vulnerability in Flash Player that allows an attacker to use malicious Flash files to leak Windows credentials.

The security issue is tracked under the CVE-2017-3085 identifier and affects Flash Player versions from 23.0.0.162 up to 26.0.0.137, running on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.x, and 10."

Playing in the Remote Sandbox: Adobe Flash Windows User Credentials Disclosure Vulnerability (CVE-2017-3085)
    Aug 8, 2017
    https://blog.bjornweb.nl/2017/08/flash-remote-sandbox-escape-windows-user-credentials-leak/

"Having introduced new input validation measures, Flash Player 23 minimizes potential attack vectors by rejecting any outbound requests for non-HTTP URLs. Quite unexpectedly, however, input validation is only done once: while the initial HTTP request is validated, consecutive redirects are not. Combined with the fact Flash is still susceptible to a known Windows vulnerability therefore effectively kills a seemingly solid approach. This is unfortunate, and perhaps once again illustrates the underlying problem that platform-specific vulnerabilities need to be taken into account whenever possible.

Flash Player 26.0.0.151 fixes this issue, and can be downloaded through Windows Update and Adobe’s website. "

Time to update Flash again :)

9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    What Raiderman said ^^^ - I don't hate Windows. I am at the point now where it's probably close to accurate to say that I do hate Micro$loth. Windows is the only operating system capable of doing what I expect it to do. I hate the endless supply of stupidity flowing from the "creative" minds of the Windows 10 development team. They have an agenda that is at enmity with millions of people that don't want their screwed up crap.

I also love Linux. Mint is amazing. Unfortunately, none of the software that I am not willing to give up will work with Linux, so as much as I like it, using it makes no sense for me. I wish that could be different, and if were different, the Redmond Retards would be watching their P's and Q's a whole lot closer.

Papusan, 6730b and Ashtrix like this.
  10. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^^^ That is Excellent.