Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mr.Koala

Mr.Koala Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    More complete quote:

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
  2. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Microsoft Cheapens Windows 10 with Ads

20 ways to hate Windows 10 less

(It's a slideshow of tips)

3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Stop Windows 10 Spying & Forced Application Installs
    [​IMG]
    Barnacules Nerdgasm
    Published on Nov 22, 2016
    "After installing the Windows Anniversary Update for Windows 10 it would seem we picked up a lot more than we bargained for.

There is a feature now that allows Microsoft to quietly install popular games and apps from the Microsoft Store without your consent or knowledge, eating up your bandwidth and hard drive space and potentially putting you at risk.

I am calling Microsoft out in this video for this bad practice and also telling you how to disable it so it won't continue to happen.

I also tell you how to fortify your Windows 10 to prevent telemetry and data gathering moving forward by Microsoft."

Stop Windows 10 Spying - Privacy & Security Matter
    Published on Nov 20, 2015
    In this version episode of #TechTip I show you how to disable all of the spying features of Windows 10 and get your privacy back. I think Windows 10 is a great operating system once you disable all the data gathering mechanisms and return it back to a pure operating system.

Disable Spying In Windows 10 -November Update-

[​IMG]
    Dragon Seth
    Published on Nov 23, 2016
    "Hello and welcome to video my video to show you how to disable windows 10 spying. As many people have been having issues with the new update a.k.a anniversary update has been installing random apps Example: Candy Crush Saga. I show you how to stop that. And i also show you how to stop microsoft from collecting data from your machine."

Destroy Windows 10 Spying Walkthrough

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Ashtrix, inm8#2 and Papusan like this.
  4. Mr.Koala

Reputations:
    Poor Barnacules is getting more and more angry with every MS-related video.

He needs more rallying and weight loss updates to break the mood.

Ashtrix and hmscott like this.
  5. hmscott

Reputations:
    MS needs to stop it's crap, if only for Barnacules sake :)

6. Mr.Koala

Reputations:
    Not sure they care about their old developers at this point. His entire department got thrown out IIRC. Kernel developers don't bring in much money, data analysts do.

hmscott likes this.
  7. hmscott

Reputations:
    Yup, QA too, the lack of QA and OS talent has been showing badly for quite a while, and it's not going to get better any time soon.

MS has wasted so much money, good will, and reputation on this capturing data obsession, building $1T in data centers world-wide.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  8. Spartan

Spartan Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Ashtrix, 6730b, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  9. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  10. hmscott

Reputations:
    I love this part:

"Windows 10’s aggressive data-collection capabilities may concern users about corporate spying, but enterprises have control that consumer-edition Windows users do not: Administrators can decide how much information gets sent back to Microsoft.

But enterprises need to think twice before turning off Windows telemetry to increase corporate privacy. That’s because doing so can decrease the effectiveness of Windows 10’s security features."

So, let me get this right... turning off telemetry to increase privacy and security, decreases security in the fantasy world of Windows 10?

My favorite part of the article, since updated from the first time I read it when @Phoenix posted it:

"Full Level
    The Full level gathers data necessary to identify and to help fix problems, following the approval process described below. This level also includes data from the Basic, Enhanced, and Security levels.

Microsoft may pull additional information from a device if the diagnostics request is approved by Microsoft’s privacy governance team, including privacy and other subject matter experts."