Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by WhatsThePoint, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Get ready for the new "Creators Update". All early adopters automatically signed the Sheep contract with the massive downgrade and breaking things, Now will have to read again on what things have been cut off again and how to bring them back, Maybe one day we will see the end of Registry and GP editior, Services shafted to the UWP Sandbox abomination and that day will mark Windows as a Dead OS for me.

And here's some new tidbit the ultrabloatware OS -

2. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  3. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Completely MAD update. Nothing but to break the functionality and force the users to upgrade to new spyware / bloatware etc. They should stop this drama and get over with it release Service Pack style updates that should fix the issues with the foreverbeta b$ & wtf are those people features and those 3D, VR gimmicks man, Nobody wants that crap, why are they pushing this and they deleted the Paint which was simple and useful same like Personalization panel to a some weird abomination now. Next replace the explorer.exe with some metro uwp garbage ? Where is this going...

I got the LTSB AU but now since all companies will drop ball on the AU and start focusing this crapshoot and the RS1 will die like TH1 and TH2 and so on...never ending vicious cycle of blasphemy & against liberty.

Raiderman, Solo wing, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I don't understand. If everyone hates Windows 10 so much, why not just not use it? I tried Win 10 on a second HDD. Detested it so badly that I nuked the drive and scarpered back to to good ol' Windows 8.1 with StartIsBack and AeroGlass.

5. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Win8.1 is buggy and Win10 offers some extra improvement with gaming iirc and DX12 also full security patches, while the 7 is being phased out and after 2020 forget 7, 2023 is EOL for all Aero based Windows, 8.1 would be not like 7 I presume It'd still be valid though. I'm not using 10 as you said, but we cannot hang onto it long enough Vulkan is a hero I don't know how it will unfold but DX12 is improving from the looks of latest Deus EX MD's DX12 patch. Plus cummulative update packs are making into 7 and 8.1 making them no less than Winblows X.

And the latest is greatest norm, That is enough to make these old OSes die sooner...The most idiotic thing is always eternal beta nightmare, Rest of the cancer can be cut off but this thing is not welcomed for the stable environment / power users, and the doomed future of the control panel. The irony is the "Desktop App" thing. I mean ffs that's a damn DT OS and calling DT apps wtf are they thinking ? Touchscreen mobile gimp generation.

No choice but to accept it sooner or later So we are preparing for the better scenario and knowing things to circumvent this trash POS OS & Some are preparing to shift to another OS.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Papusan likes this.
  6. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    That's a first. 8.1 is at least as stable as 7 is, to me, at the very least.

alexhawker, bennni and hmscott like this.
  7. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    Quote Phoenix, If you don't want to believe it. I know it's stable but It's not fully stable as 7.

The most common ones are blackscreen wallpaper, multiple times rt click on taskbar when a window is opened.

8. toughasnails

toughasnails Toughbook Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Why forget 7 ???? Because of no updates ? Who needs them anyways. I have not updated my W7 since August and its running just fine and it will run just fine even after 2020 . I was told the same thing about XP and I still have a few laptops running it with no problems. The only problem I have is some big company telling me what's best for me. I know what's best for me and its not W10. Plain and simple W10 is garbage.

9. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    I think that after 2020 Nvidia and AMD / Intel won't support 7 anymore, So all of the internet will follow that maybe...:(

10. Carcozep

Carcozep Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Actually, they've already abandoned us alongside Microsoft and it's suicidal push with Windows 10. Neither Intel nor AMD will release SATA/RAID Drivers for the new hardware releases, and as such while your Install media will boot it will find no HDD/SSD as an install destination. Unless someone manages to mod Windows 10 drivers so that Windows 7 users can integrate them or hardware vendors keep an "IDE Legacy" option, we are at a dead end. But that would just mean that you can use your Windows 7 on your new Kaby Lake/Zen machine while enjoying none of the benefits from the new platform and experiencing horrendous performance.

If you still have doubts about Intel you can go and check their latest RST drivers and look at the supported hardware for the operating systems listed: IRST v15.2 Changelog