Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Check Connected Devices Platform service is enabled and running.

Mari1225 likes this.
  2. Mari1225

Mari1225 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok will check this ... get back to you :)

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Mari1225

Reputations:
    Ok yes they are running in automatic mode, there are 3 of them.

2 are for User service ...

4. Vasudev

Reputations:
    One is telemetry which is disabled if you're using my ISO. See Message routing service, Push notification services also.

Mari1225 likes this.
  5. Mari1225

Reputations:
    Right telemetry disabled. MessagingService_56fff is on manual trigger start.

Windows Push notifications are automatic

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I'll send my service.msc configuration file.

Mari1225 likes this.
  7. Vaeron

Vaeron Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I can't quite remember all the tweaks I've done before, but I've always had my notifications quickly cleared (like how Windows Defender notifies me to turn it on or something) after it pops out.

Quite recently, I did some tweaks using the GP editor after looking at some posts by some of the valued members here. I specifically deactivated Windows Security Center with it, but now, its notification to turn it on won't clear right away like before. What did I do wrong this time?

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Mari1225

Reputations:
    Ok amazing thing happened, It now works all on its own, I have updates turned off via WUMT. I just started it up and now it shows notifications and the calendar when I click on them, I did not make any changes in the system. o_O:rolleyes::eek:

Lynx2017 and Vasudev like this.
  9. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    How to stop Windows 10 from installing sponsored apps:

When you install Windows 10 Home/Pro, it will by default install all Candy Crush and all sponsored content. You can disable that by adding the following registry keys via Command Prompt. (you must restart after applying the following tweak)

Copy/Paste the below code into a blank notepad and save it as: Disable Sponsored Apps.bat (or simply download the already created file)

Code:
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "ContentDeliveryAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SoftLandingEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SubscribedContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\Subscriptions" /f
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps" /f

When you install Windows, you shouldn't be connected to the internet. If you are connected to the Internet otherwise Windows will auto install all the sponsored apps in the background.

Installed64, Mari1225, Aroc and 4 others like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Aroc, Vasudev, TheDantee and 2 others like this.