Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Jul 31, 2015.

1. SMGJohn

SMGJohn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Am I crazy? Or does Windows 7 and 8.1 feel much snappier, things loading quicker programs opening faster compared to Windows 10.
    And yes its a serious post I have been forced to use W10 after AMD drivers stopped working completely in W8.1
    However just in case I dual booted W7 on my laptop and it feels much quicker in general, my W10 is entreprise edition, I did not activate it yet.
    Anyone else experiencing this strange issue? Or is it normal behaviour?

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I get the same experience, not only that, I get a few fps faster in games in win 8.1

that being said... the April 2018 update made everything a little snappier... win 10 is junk though, I am just waiting on the next WSUS offline update for win 8.1 then I am going back to win 8.1 permanently.

SMGJohn and Vasudev like this.
  3. Raidriar

Raidriar ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Reputations:
    Wow this is a headache to go through all....I just got a new kaby lake based laptop and there is no choice but to use windows 10....what cancer this system is. I wish I could go back to 7 but it just doesn't seem feasible thanks to Intel not releasing crucial drivers.

Will the latest edition of ShutUp10 disable telemetry/keylogging/ads, or is there extra crap I have to do? I'm really not in the mood to keep fighting the OS.

Aroc, Vasudev, Zazazas and 1 other person like this.
  4. Zazazas

Zazazas Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm also at the same impasse, just that I haven't bought one yet. Hell 10 might make me not buy a new laptop at all damn it. If you're willing I've seen that ltsb is commonly recommended over standard.

5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Same here, as much as I love Windows 7 and despise Windows 10, I have no choice but to use it and tweak it to the max since my laptop doesn't have any Windows 7 Drivers.

Aroc, Papusan, Vasudev and 1 other person like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Everything about Windows 10 privacy

I mean ev-er-y-thing.

Martin Brinkmann, of ghacks.net fame, has published the ultimate reference to Windows 10 privacy settings, on a site called Privacyamp.com.

7. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys, I m still on Windows 7, but thinking to buy a new laptop with Nvidia RTX graphics. My concern is if I do all the first page tweaks for Windows 10 and every half year coming a Redstone update, will it deneutralize my tweaks? So every half year tweaks will be necessary?
    When is coming a newer Windows actually? Windows 20 by 2020? I m kind of freaked out using Windows 10 :(.

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    None say you have to jump right into the major updates (neither this fall or next spring). Windows 10 1803 aka Redstone 4 will continue get support from Micro$haft until November 12, 2019. And don't expect Windows 20 by 2020. The Windows 10 os is a services now. The mess will continue rolling a long time forward.

9. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All I keep hearing from Windows Central (really close to banning them like the rest of Mobile Nations) is that Windows 10 is the last OS. From here on out, Microshaft is introducing something called Core OS:

https://www.windowscentral.com/understanding-windows-core-os-and-polaris
    Microshaft is failing at the OS game. Their trash is so entrenched in mainstream computing. W'e need a visionary to offer a viable alternative to Windows and OS X (Mac OS). Linux doesn't seem to have a lot of traction either.

I'm waiting for the folks at Crapple to convince endusers that mobile OS is good enough for desktops.

10. 3g6

3g6 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I see, so just every 1,5 years neecessary to do major updates. That is kind of viable, since i change laptops about that often.