Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @Lynx2017 Always use ISO instead of ESD, sometimes Dism refuses to use ESD format and sometime the data gets corrupted while reading on the fly eventhough ESD is read-only.o_O

2. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I was trying it on Win 8.1. It used to work fine, but oh well. I went back to RS4 and no issues, so I guess I will just stay Win 10, I am tired of fighting Microsoft. I know after this though I am done for a few years. I did the windows defender batch file, shut up ten taskl scheduler, lot of other tweaks. I am not wasting another minute of my life on this crap. All updates are off, no more updates for me, I am done. solid stable system, and I will re-do it all again in 2-3 years. time to game!

Vasudev and slimmolG like this.
  3. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It's worth to add here about deleting OS update Remediation service in services.msc for those who have re-enabled Update Service.

Vasudev likes this.
  4. bundyal

bundyal Newbie

Reputations:
    Who can change this with a script in Windows 10 1803.

Customize start menu

User files Show as a menu
    Documents Show as a menu
    Pictures Show as a menu
    Music Show as a menu

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    How to Restore Default Power Plans in Windows 10
    A power plan in Windows is a set of hardware and system options that defines how your device uses and preserves power. There are three built-in power plans in the OS. Your PC can have additional power plans defined by its vendor. Also, you can create a custom power plan or even add in Micro$h4ft's Ulitimate Power Plan SCAM.

The classic Control Panel is losing its features and probably will be replaced by the Settings app. The Settings app has already got many settings which were exclusively available in the Control Panel. For example, the battery notification area icon in the Windows 10 system tray was also
    replaced with a new Modern UI. However, the Settings app doesn't include the ability to delete a power plan as of this writing. You still need to use the classic Control Panel.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Lynx2017

Reputations:

This doesn't seem to be working in latest Windows update. I do it, reboot, and I use one click firewall from win aero as well, and when i right click block something in firewall, then i check allowed/blocked page of windows firewall, it doesn't show any of the add rules.cmd or any of the ones i right click block on. thoughts?

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Some say...a picture is worth a thousand words...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

asm1, Papusan and Mari1225 like this.
  8. Lynx2017

Reputations:
    I was looking in the wrong, place, found it and confirmed everything is working fine, thanks.

9. Lynx2017

Reputations:
    Did you gain any performance benefit, benchmark scores, or FPS in games increase when you disabled these?

edit: just disabled it and ran before and after benches. I actually lost points in Cinebench with meltdown and spectre disabled. heh. i'll pass and leave both on

Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 2:32 AM