]]>

Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Can you add InSpectre tool in your post #541 as is linked in/to OP?

Donald@HIDevolution and Vasudev like this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
  3. JustusJonas

JustusJonas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    First of all, thanks Phoenix for this thread, helped me a lot.:)

Quick question now, while installing the 1709 Update (Creators Update?), Windows messed up notebook somehow, so I had to reinstall. This time update 1709 worked but still I am bothered with the powerplans and also I think the boot time is way slower.

Is it worth going back and just reinstall again without the update? As it isnt Windows 98 where reinstalling took forever haha

Thanks guys

Donald@HIDevolution likes this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    1) Yes Fall Creators Update boots slower. In fact, you know the Windows spinning animation logo, when I first install Windows, it spins a few times then goes to the desktop. After I install all my drivers (let alone any apps yet) the spinning logo starts to spin a few times, then stops for 3 seconds, then continues to spin and finally reaches the desktop, that is much slower than it was before on previous builds

2) sooner or later you have to update, there is no way around that, heck, I tried installing the first Windows 10 Build 10240 Threshold 1 which was the snappiest and has no where as near the garbage that we have now, that build still had a proper control panel and whatnot and that attempt was a major fail because a lot of the drivers simply wen't compatible as if I was trying to install them on an entirely new OS like windows 8 or 7, with each build, new drivers and software are released to support the new build. Yes it's still called Wincrap 10, but it's an entirely diff. OS with each build

3) For the power plans, just manually create a High Performance Plan and name it that, then create a Power Saver pla1n and name it that.

If you want to have the latest update ahead of time, install this, it takes the build to 16299.194 = KB4073290

PS: This is how I felt after I wasted a full day trying to install Threshold 1 thinking I am smarter than Micro$h4ft:

[​IMG]

5. Papusan

Reputations:
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    How to Prevent Windows 10 From Deleting Thumbnail Cache

Why Windows 10 is deleting the thumbnail cache

Starting with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the operating system keeps deleting the thumbnail cache after a restart or a shutdown, so File Explorer has to recreate the thumbnails again for your folders with images.

This happens because of the updated Automatic Maintenance feature. As you may already know, Windows 10 runs a number of maintenance tasks automatically. When enabled, it performs various actions like app updates, Windows updates, security scans and many other things. By default, Automatic Maintenance is set to wake up your PC and run maintenance tasks at 2 AM.

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Is it good or bad? I clean them every time using ccleaner.

Falkentyne likes this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    Donald@HIDevolution and Vasudev like this.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Because I'm an OLD man now. Can't miss too much. I'm soon in the coffin:eek: And proper tweaks need being added. Can't let M$ Morons determine when they want to check "MY" PC with theeir SPY toolso_O
    [​IMG]