Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    I've done this on my laptop and other members' laptops whom I tweak their laptops more than like 200 times man. it is the safest Windows 10 privacy invasion elimination tool. I don't know what happened.

The only thing I can suggest is while your laptop is booting, immediately force shut it down, then turn it on again, then do this another time, then by the 2nd time you boot, you should get the Windows 10 recovery options, hit advanced then look for system restore and see if you are able to restore to an earlier point. If that fails, then a format is the only solution I'm afraid.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Toshi001

Toshi001 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thank you. I know about that Windows Fail Boot Recovery but didnt think to actually do that.
    I managed to get in to Safe Mode now, hopefully I can fix this problem.

Edit: Solved it. Problem with the latest Nvidia Driver caused this. Thank you for that little tip that goes a long way. Without that one little tip, I could not apply the other fixes.

Thank you so very much!!!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    alexhawker, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    oh wow, that was like the only thing I could suggest and glad it helped! so see, it wasn't O&O ShutUp 10. You see, O&O Software are a Microsoft Partner so they know pretty darn well how to undo all the nasty stuff of the OS without breaking the OS :D

Papusan, karasahin and Vasudev like this.
  4. karasahin

karasahin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi about this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/273513/why-you-shouldnt-use-anti-spying-tools-for-windows-10/amp/

What are they blabbering about? Could they be right or they simply get paid by Micro$oft to lie?

I am gonna buy a notebook of Hp and they don't provide Windows 7 drivers. So I have to use W10 but at least as much as like W7. Meaning no auto updates, driver updates etc you got it. Can you help me with this please?

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have been using Shutup 10 from Windows 10's initial public release and have never once experienced any of the symptoms described in that article.

Phoenix and karasahin like this.
  6. karasahin

karasahin Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for your answer. It seems that they mainly focus tools other than Shutup 10 as they don't mention about any problem it causes, just mention the tool name itself which is awful because it may lead to misinformation and maybe this is exactly what they want should they got paid by M$.

So I'll go for Shutup 10 but can I configure what to disable? And if things go south is it possible to revert without reinstailling W10?

And there is still this hundred percent disk load cancer giving issue. I still hear this even after so many updates. The laptop is equipped with a hard drive rpm of 5400 so hopefully I won't go mad

7. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    karasahin and Phoenix like this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    same here

9. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  10. slimmolG

slimmolG Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Make the taskbar file explorer link open faster

File Explorer opened by the native taskbar link opens slower than hitting Win+E, and this difference depends on the graphics settings, with an observable delay in dGPU mode and a substantial, very annoying lag when in MSHybrid mode, aka hybrid graphics, optimus, etc.
    1. Fastest: open via Win+E, either mode (~300 msec)
    2. Slower: open via taskbar link, dGPU (~500 msec)
    3. Slowest: open via taskbar link, MSHybrid (~1 sec)
    The taskbar shortcut link (right-click, right-click, properties) displays grayed out target text that says File Explorer, but it can't be changed and it's target location is the 'desktop' instead of 'windows'

To fix the issue:
    1. Unpin the native link from the taskbar
    2. Make a new shortcut on the desktop with a target of C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    3. Pin it to the taskbar
    4. -the desktop shortcut can be deleted.
    [​IMG]

After the swap, the link still opens to Quick Access/This PC depending on how you have it set.

macmyc and Vasudev like this.