Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Yees, exactly.
    See.. Some well known tech sites as HTG doesnt even mention the old way fixing M$'s screwed up way to boot into safe mode. Amazing clumsy!!

But PCWORLD managed to put bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy in their guide....

"But what if you can’t get to the login screen? In that case, chances are that Windows is so messed up that it couldn’t boot into Safe Mode anyway. But here’s a trick that might work:"

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    New version of AeroGlass v.1.5.5 for Creators Abortion is out. The v.1.5.4 was working fine on my P870, but not at all on the 16L13. The new version works flawlessly on the 16L13. @j95 - maybe it will take care of the glitches you were having. SquareCorners is working good. Crystal clear glass, just how I like it. :vbthumbsup:

Link: http://www.glass8.eu/download

Fixed-v.1.5.5.JPG

j95 likes this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You can disable the tray icon of ELAN or synaptics touchpad because it consumes more cpu cycles and causes stutters whilst scrolling.
    Doesn't your system feel slower with multiple monitoring apps like MSI AB, RTSS, AIDA64,HWINFO running in foreground and bckground?

4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Why should it feel slower?... He chose the right hardware.
    [​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Polling the sensors won't do much harm but displaying the results onto screen is more stressful. When your stock clocks are 4.2GHz you won't notice it. The issue is more noticeable under 3GHz CPUs like mine (Excluding Turbo Boost).

6. Papusan

Reputations:
    I have now been my own Guinea Pig:eek: Updated to latest Windows 10 "Crematory Abortion" aka version 15063.540 And the Legacy Boot Menu and F8 works exactly as before. Nothing wrong with it!!:hi:
    See my own post above:D
    With Dellienware, Yoo never know:D

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    No, not really. Some of it will have a minor impact on benchmark scores, but I cannot feel any difference with normal use. I have the CPU set to run 4.7GHz 24/7. It even idles at 4.7GHz because I prefer having c-states disabled. I have both of my laptops set to run that way by default.

At that clock speed there is no perceivable drop in performance from background processes unless something is messed up, like a memory leak or unresponsive program chewing up an inordinate number of CPU clock cycles.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Working good... some complained of glitches with Edge browser and multi-display, but I'm not seeing them. I generally only use the laptop display, and NEVER use the crappy Edge crap broswer but checked just to confirm no issues for those that do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    j95, Phoenix, Papusan and 1 other person like this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    @Phoenix Could you put this in op? Enable Windows Installer in Safe Mode To Remove Apps

"This trick works in all modern Windows versions including Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7."

"As you may be aware, Windows Installer (MSI) doesn't work by default in Windows Safe Mode. This can be very frustrating because you may have installed an app in normal mode which later prevents the OS from starting. But it can't be removed from safe mode because the Windows Installer service doesn't start in Safe Mode"

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    done, nice find

Vasudev and Papusan like this.