Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Because pressing any keys during bootup will trigger a simple Disk Check at Hardware level which approximately takes a minute or two.

2. 0lok

0lok Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    But apparently f8 still doesnt work. I am just using macrium reflect so that on boot I have options to boot to safe mode. Just my back up incase I undervolt too much. For safety precautions for a newbie like me.. ^_^ Can your try enabling this command in CMD
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    and try if f8 works on the latest windows 10 version. Thanks.

Edited: My cousin's latest windows version from @Phoenix bloatware free edition doesnt work as well even though we followed @Phoenix video guide religiously.

3. Vasudev

Reputations:
    If you want to get into safe mode use newer somewhat easy method W8 and above.
    Press Start Button, Whilst holding Shift Key, press power button and hit restart. You will see Restart notification and you will get a blue screen with advanced options.
    EDIT: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/boot-windows-10-in-safe-mode

4. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    You missed the point bruh. We talk about when you can't load Windoze. The Boot menu log in is easier (spam F8 and enter safe mode) than relying on usb/Windoze disk. + Easy log in without driver signing with F8. Aka from boot.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Maybe it is some kind of proprietary Alienware filth. I have never seen that nonsense before. Very weird and sucks that F8 doesn't work. The Micro$lop way of getting there is for kindergartners and involves way too much rigmarole.
    Having to do it that way is simply retarded. The morons from Micro$lop have made almost everything an ugly pain in the ass from W8 forward.

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    I really need to fix my amnesia.

Papusan likes this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    All good bruh. What's need to be fixed... The damn moronisme Micro$haft and Dellienware!! Pure trash!!! And worse it will be. SØPPEL as we say in Norway.
    I haven't numbers on how many people who don't know how to come into Windoze X safe mode when they can't log into the trashware OS. Both old and younger people. You normally need the Boot menu when you have problems log into the OS. I almost never launch safe mode from Windoze itself. But M$ can't understand this... Too difficult for them. Morons!! They have created a disaster crippled way doing this. And more will come. It's a service you know.

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    At first, I cursed MSFT for removing the safe mode. Then I got used to the complex method, hahahaa. Its easier to use msconfig or use DDU to boot into safe mode safely.
    Yes I do a keep a WinPE, Ubuntu ISO, Live AVs, Boot Repair saved to my USB just in case Windows decide to fail suddenly.

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Nothing is easier than having F8 ready on hand always. Click F8 a few times and I have what I want(use of my finger when the machine boot, lol). Not the crippled idiotic way as M$ want it. I haven't much need for use of safe mode, but I want it the way I want:) Not the Morons way:cool:

Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Sometimes the "new way" doesn't work. If you can't boot Windows, the Windows 8+ method is an impediment. You end up wasting time by having to wait and allow the boot process to fail repeatedly before you can get to Safe Mode. Each time if fails to boot is another opportunity for data loss and/or file corruption to occur.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.