Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jul 31, 2015.

1. cfe

cfe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    :rolleyes: truly an impressive feature :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    How do you kill those services? The only one I see in Computer Management is the first one, and I can't disable it.

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can't disable any of them, they are all protected. In order to disable them, Windows Defender must be completely disabled from with in itself (as in all the switch toggles in the program) followed by immediately disabling it from Group Policy Editor so it doesn't re-enable itself then reboot.

Now you can use this reg file to disable the services then reboot:

Enable-Disable Windows Defender

Double click on Disable Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.reg and Disable Windows Defender.reg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:15 AM
    jclausius likes this.
  4. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi.
    I ran through all the steps to turf Defender. Seems to have worked. I rebooted my laptop and got this msg. from NOD32 "Initialization of Windows Security Center handler failed", which is to be expected, I suppose.
    The question is how do I get rid of that notification? I thought I found a setting in NOD32 to disable monitoring windows security crap earlier, but damned if I can find it now.

5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    That's weird, I use NOD32 and never got that message using this tool or even before when I disabled the security center service altogether via the registry

cfe likes this.
  6. Token CDN

Reputations:
    I went through the settings and disabled notifications:
    [​IMG]
    I didn't get that warning on reboot now. Not sure if I'll get any warnings about detection though

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    These are my settings and I don't get any notifications other than threat notifications:

2020-09-15_212341.png

I think I will remove that tweak to uninstall Defender completely if you can't figure it out.

Do me a favor, check your services and make sure these services are either NOT there or set to disabled:

• Microsoft Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service
    • Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service
    • Windows Defender Advance Threat Protection Service
    • Windows Security Service

Particularly the last one

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 2:28 PM
    Fire Tiger likes this.
  8. Token CDN

Reputations:
    Looks like your settings were the same as mine before I changed them.

I had a look through my services and the only thing I have is Security Center (WSCSVC). Of course there's no way to stop or disable it, unless maybe I can ninja in with Nsudo

9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    No Ninja's needed.

Once you disabled Defender you will be able to run this reg file then reboot: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...es-index-post-1.779394/page-120#post-11046096

10. Token CDN

Reputations:
    That was all done.
    For the record… I disabled Defender and removed Security Health service as per your clean install guide - also disabled through group policy. Installed NOD32 after I did all the initial Windows setup. Then I ran the reg file you just mentioned, and finally removed defender (http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...es-index-post-1.779394/page-119#post-11045783).
    WSCSVC was still auto-starting after all that.

Funny thing is from looking at NOD32's logs, I got one error with notification. One error without notification (after I turned the notifications back on). Now after a couple test reboots/shutdowns no more errors.
    Go figure.o_O

Finally, for kicks I used Nsudo to launch services.msc and disabled that bastard WSCVSC once and for all. What's the worst that could happen;)

I also forgot to mention, I'm using LTSC. You'd think this would've been less hassle.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.