Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    How to restore the classic System Properties page:

As of Build 20H2, you will no longer be able to get to the classic System Properties page as it has now moved to settings and does not display the full OEM INFO such as the manufactuer logo, manufacturer, system model and support link

You can still access the classic System Properties page by creating a shortcut for it:

1) Right click on your desktop, choose New > Shortcut

2) Enter the following patch for the Shortcut

Code:
    explorer.exe shell:::{BB06C0E4-D293-4f75-8A90-CB05B6477EEE}
    3) Name it: "System Properties"

4) You can place it wherever you want but I find this the best place for it:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Maintenance

Download Classic System Properties Icon

cfe, Vasudev, Papusan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Casowen

Casowen Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Any good TLDR for Win10 tweaks as of today?

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    How to uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium:

For the soon to be released 20H2 Update (which can now be installed via the Enablement Package if you don't wanna wait BTW), in the new 20H2 EP KB4562830, they added NoRemove registry value to prevent uninstallation

If you run this .BAT file as admin before the update you would still be able to uninstall Edge Chromium:

Code:
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Edge" /v NoRemove /f 2>nul
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Edge" /v NoRemove /f 2>nul
    If you already have Edge Chromium installed and want to uninstall it, then you can run this .BAT file:

Code:
    @echo off
    reg.exe query "HKU\S-1-5-19" 1>nul 2>nul || (echo Run the script as administrator&pause&exit)

set "u_path=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft"
    set "s_path=%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft"
    if /i %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE%==x86 (if not defined PROCESSOR_ARCHITEW6432 (
      set "s_path=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft"
      )
    )

for /D %%i in ("%u_path%\Edge SxS\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-sxs --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%u_path%\Edge Internal\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-internal --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%u_path%\Edge Dev\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-dev --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%u_path%\Edge Beta\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-beta --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%u_path%\Edge\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%u_path%\EdgeWebView\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedgewebview --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )

for /D %%i in ("%s_path%\EdgeWebView\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedgewebview --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%s_path%\Edge\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%s_path%\Edge Beta\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-beta --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%s_path%\Edge Dev\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-dev --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    for /D %%i in ("%s_path%\Edge Internal\Application\*") do if exist "%%i\installer\setup.exe" (
    start "" /w "%%i\installer\setup.exe" --uninstall --msedge-internal --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall --delete-profile
    )
    pause

Fire Tiger, steberg, Vasudev and 3 others like this.
  4. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    How to restore the File Sharing tab:

I don't know which update causes this but I've noticed on a few Windows 10 laptops that the Sharing tab is missing when you go to the properties of a folder.

It has somehow moved to the Blocked Context Menu items list. Here's how to restore it back:

1) Press CTRL + R to open the Run Dialogue Box

2) Type regedit then hit Enter

3) Navigate to the following Key

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked

4) Delete the Key named {f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6}

5) Reboot

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Hmmm:vbbiggrin:
    upload_2020-9-8_19-26-16.png

6. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is this still current bro? Does it include most if not all of what's in here? I think I need to start from scratch again, too much crap on my machine and games keep crashing.

Not sure if this is the time to go LTSC or not.

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Deleted

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 6:53 PM
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What are the services/components that need to be turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    • Windows Security Service
    • Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service
    • Microsoft Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service
    • Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection System Driver
    • Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service
    • Windows Defender Security Center Service
    All gone now, nada, not a trace

Vasudev, Fire Tiger and saturnotaku like this.
  10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    Not a tweak but more like a warning. Noticed my documents folder was going to take ages to backup so I enabled showing hidden system files and noticed there are folder shortcuts for pics, music, videos creating a duplicate in the same Documents folder backup, make sure to delete them otherwise you will have a duplicate of your Pics, Music, and Videos within your same Documents folder that you're trying to backup on the destination drive. This 3 shortcuts are re-created every time you update Windows to a new build (ie. from 1909 to 2004)

2020-09-13_121455.png

jclausius, Vasudev, Papusan and 2 others like this.