Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan, Jul 31, 2015.

1. ht_addict

ht_addict Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I run WUP and check disable service and Protect Service Settings, I notice in OOShutup10 that Automatic Windows Update disabled 2 of 2 turns red, with an Admin Privilege icon next to it? Any ideas why?

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Others (including me) have noticed that this happens. Probably just a software conflict/clash. Likewise, f you use Group Policy Editor or manually tweak some registry keys to change certain settings they do not always show as already being changed using third-party utilities like Winaero Tweaker.

I doubt that either program is malfunctioning. O&O Shutup10 is probably showing that because WUB has taken control of that setting and it no longer has the ability to implement the same tweak. Because access is denied and it cannot change it to green in its own UI it shows up in the way you have noticed.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey Mr. Fox I don't know where else to reply. So I gave my laptop to Hidevolution for repair. I was getting the 4 beeps on POST and thought it was a ram issue. They replied back saying its a mobo issue and they will be getting a new one. Is there any way I can keep my OS intact without doing a fresh install? I really don't wanna use Win 10 and have an awesome Win 7 tweaked setup running on it (like it won't allow updates to 10, various registry tweaks, etc.). Thanks for your time.

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hi bro. You should be OK. You should not require an OS reinstall after replacing the mobo with another one just like it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    Ghost 350 and Vasudev like this.
  5. JoeT44

JoeT44 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi Bro, Glad you are back home safe. I sent you an EM.

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Ghost 350

Ghost 350 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    How to delete Downloaded Windows Update Files in Windows 10

If you are running into issues with Updates, you can try to delete downloaded Windows Update files. When an update package is damaged or fails to install, Windows 10 may keep the corrupted file on the drive, so it will further cause issues with updates. Here is how to delete the downloaded Windows Update files that Windows 10 doesn't delete itself.

Fire Tiger and Vasudev like this.
  8. Papusan

Reputations:
    How to Permanently Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Windows 10

If Microsoft Teams keeps reinstalling itself on your Windows PC and launching itself at boot, there’s a solution. You can’t just uninstall Microsoft Teams the usual way: You have to uninstall it twice.

It’s silly, but that’s how it works. Specifically, you’ll have to uninstall both “Microsoft Teams” and the “Teams Machine-Wide Installer.” If you just uninstall the Microsoft Teams application, the machine-wide installer will reinstall it every time you sign in to your PC. To completely uninstall Teams, you have to remove both applications.

Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  9. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What's that? I've never seen this and I don't have it on my taptop :rolleyes:

10. Papusan

Reputations: