Windows 10 Spring Update Buglist

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Vasudev, May 1, 2018.

?

Which bugs did annoy you after Installing Spring creators update aka v1803?

1. Timeline/Task view crashes Windows explorer

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Set default apps via Settings app is buggy or crashing

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Desktop freezes on optimus System

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Incompatible Applications

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Borked System hardware

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Cortana and Chrome(ium) locking up PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Microphones and Internal/external speakers not working.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mari1225

Mari1225 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This maybe dumb but I found out after using bloat free iso and making all these tweaks to my windows firewall, somewhere along the way the windows store app got put on the block list.... I went and had to allow it in windows firewall before it would download any apps, as well as chose the setting of download apps from windows store only... Then it seemed to work... Maybe that might help :)

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Mari1225 and Vasudev like this.
  3. asm1

asm1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Nahimic 3 compatible List from Nahimic for MSI Notebooks

Got it going. Must've turned something on/off I shouldnt have.... no idea what though.

Mari1225 and Vasudev like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Yees, lovely!! And why couldn't Micro$h4ft seen this would happen before they throw it out?
    Surface Pro (2017) owners hitting Win10 1803 update blue screens. Now we know why.
    Microsoft and Intel now agree: If your machine has an Intel SSD 600p or SSD Pro 6000p, don’t force it to install the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803. Surface Pro 2017 owners with a compromised SSD have an extra hurdle: bad advice. Surely someone tests these things, don't they?:rolleyes:

As Win10 version 1803 rattles through the unpaid beta-testing phase, it’s snagged another victim — Intel’s aging SSD6 solid-state drives. Both Microsoft and Intel now admit that running Win10 version 1803 on Intel 600p or Pro 6000p is a recipe for disaster.

Some Surface Pro (2017) models ship with “bad” Intel SSD Pro 6000p drives. Customers are complaining about freezes with Win10 version 1803 — and the Microsoft support folks don’t have a clue what’s causing the problem. Now we know.

Win10 version 1803 has been in beta testing for centuries, in internet time. The “final” version, build 17134.1, entered the Windows Insider Fast ring almost a month ago, on April 16. In a jumble of mixed-up build numbers, Win10 version 1803 has been officially pushed since April 30. Why did it take so long to figure out that the 600p and Pro 6000p cause problems?

Surely somebody at Microsoft and some other body at Intel must be testing these things, right? @Phoenix most Guinea Pigs use Samsung 960 Pro ?:eek:

6730b, Ultra Male and Vasudev like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    So that explains it, I had some stutters or freezes too. I had to change Queue limit of MSFT nvme driver to match Samsung's driver and then it worked.

Papusan likes this.
  6. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
    After the update yesterday, I had no sound as microphone was selected, easly fixed.

I always keep webcam and touchscreen disable, they were enabled after the update, I disabled them again.

This morning my pc froze at the HP logo, boot screen, no hdd activity, I did a forced power off, and then my pc booted fine, problem seems to be caused by a bad shutdown, the windows reliabilty log showed the error below.

"The previous system shutdown at 22:27:10 on ‎11/‎05/‎2018 was unexpected.!"

I noticed a windows.old folder on my root c drive, so i used windows cleanup including system files and found windows.old as nealy 27gb in size :eek: and delete it.

EDIT: I also found my network hdd was not showing up, even though network discovery was enabled, I had to manually enable some network services that were disabled.

This update is a real pain.

John.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I fixed the Timeline or Task View which triggers __Win_explorer__ restart, was caused by me when I changed Connected Device Platform User service from auto to manual in services.msc and NTLite.
    Hopefully I'll integrate the new update and ISO will be uploaded to Mega for Public use. I have integrated Dx and VC++ runtimes.

8. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
    I used the spectre microcode patch and the inspecter checker said i was fully protected, I just check the app and it says i am no longer protected for spectre.

Has the latest update removed the spectre protection?

Should i run the spectre microcode patch again.

John.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Micro$h4ft haven't released Microcode patch for new released Win 10 - 1803 April Joke Update.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Papusan

Reputations:
    Last week we learned that Micro$h4ft didn’t bother to test Win10 version 1803 on some of its Surface Pro (2017) laptops — if they had, they would’ve discovered that 1803 crashes the system entirely. Every Surface Pro (2017) with an Intel solid state drive crashes. Every. Single. One.

From worse to even more worse if it's possible...:vbbiggrin:

NEWS ANALYSIS
    Win10 version 1803 incompatible with Toshiba solid state drives, too
    It now appears as if Micro$h4ft didn’t test the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803, with its own Surface Pro (2017) laptops, with any machines that use Intel SSD 600p or SSD Pro 6000p drives, or with any machines that contain Toshiba XG4, XG5, or BG3 series solid state drives (SSDs).

@Phoenix You need buy several brands ssd's... Not only go for Samsung for your "helpful and very needed" GP testing:hi:

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    6730b and Vasudev like this.