Windows 10 Spring Update Buglist

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Vasudev, May 1, 2018.

?

Which bugs did annoy you after Installing Spring creators update aka v1803?

1. Timeline/Task view crashes Windows explorer

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Set default apps via Settings app is buggy or crashing

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Desktop freezes on optimus System

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. Incompatible Applications

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Borked System hardware

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Cortana and Chrome(ium) locking up PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Microphones and Internal/external speakers not working.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you upgrade to Pro (even for non-OEM version of Windows) then it’s only valid for that specific laptop. You have to buy Pro outright for it to be a transferable liscence. Sadistic but I found that out reading on their website when I was curious if I should upgrade, decided not to as it didn’t have anything I needed. Good luck trying to get money back, if you did then that’s great. If you bought a Pro OEM then also it’s single machine.

Vasudev, Papusan and Phoenix like this.
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    And this is why you use mydigitallife or trust ratiborus instead of paying M$

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Oh' well, bruh. Don't do the same next time. Because Micro$h4ft want all your money. I mean all and without offer you something usefull back. And I said this Ultimate Power Scam was fraud from the beginning. You remember?:D Nothing would be better than if you could get your money back. As you see from your purchase of Win 10 Pro Workstation Os licence, Not only Dell offer Scam:shocked:

Vasudev, KY_BULLET and Phoenix like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @Papusan I ran this cmd/bat file here https://gist.github.com/Nt-gm79sp/1f8ea2c2869b988e88b4fbc183731693
    And got exact same thing as Bitsum thingy with Ultimate Windows Buster Power options that grants God mode with fine grained control over every hardware and software squeezing every bit of performance and battery life when I need them.

Good choice mate. I was checking NTLite wim size for Pro and Pro WK and guess what its same except for versioning which says Win 10 Pro WK.

Papusan and Phoenix like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Have my two PC upgraded for free due to ratiborus power. Hahaa.
    Paid OS is a rip-off. I reckon in 2022, most first world people will be moving to Complete Online OS aka Cloud OS with just dumb hardware like ChromeBooks that can switch between work,play,movies etc.. and not worry about OS upgrades or App incompatibilities. Apple, Google, Amazon, MSFT,IBM etc will be happy as well. No ISO, No hardware issues and best part is OS is named Skynet Cyber Dfense Tech as a Service.

Mari1225 likes this.
  6. Mari1225

Mari1225 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    This great info!!! Thank you all:D

A couple issues on 1803 build 17133.1 :
    No powershell, it just flickers the screen and never works...
    No Microcode patch spectre yet......
    Cannot set defaults by app, cus it crashes
    BSOD a few times tho random... I cannot seem to isolate the issues... I have not seen the issues since a few days ago, I have removed old drivers, did mem tests and took off some firewall app...

Bonus maybe.... Boot time is 9.3 secs ....

Fingers crossed I just stay here with no more issues :rolleyes: Ill wait to update to next win 10 disaster till after there are fixes maybe for the current issues lol Plus I cannot have my Chrome freezing up OO I use it too much for work.

This is for Sager NP9876 (Clevo P870KM-G) nVidia GTX 1070 7700k

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  7. Kittys

Kittys Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    P775TM had updated no issue...but desktop? Ohboy default apps are all kinds of broken! Atleast its most common issue seemingly lol

Vasudev likes this.
  8. asm1

asm1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Was up till 4am tring to disagnose what is screwing up my windows store. I start with a fresh image taken of just bare (oo-err!) windows, basically followng Guru @Phoenix clean install guide.

Everything is happy biscuits untill I put the machine online. It complains about the lack of a microsoft account (I made a local account) once I enter that, the store goes crazy trying to download/upgrade itself - there is a store update. Which just seems to stick on downloading, pending or spinny blue circle... cant install apps from store at all and now the damn thiong wont even open.

I've spent the last day rebuilding and trying to find out if it was one of my apps/drivers causing the grief..... I am no wiser.

Phoenix and Vasudev like this.
  9. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Turn On airplane mode. Download Bleachbit or Dism++. Disable BITS, delivery optimisation and WU in services.msc before continuing. If you're using Dism++ Check off Windows Update history, Windows Update/download cache, WinSxS temp files, WinSxS replaced assembly and clean them up. Afterwards re-enable the services you disabled earlier and hopefully MS store will work.

asm1 likes this.
  10. asm1

asm1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tried that - no joy :( Looks like a complete rebuild is in order, I'll do the tweaks once everything is set up.

At least I have an up to date set of drivers lol.

Last edited: May 8, 2018