Windows 10 Spring Update Buglist

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Vasudev, May 1, 2018.

?

Which bugs did annoy you after Installing Spring creators update aka v1803?

1. Timeline/Task view crashes Windows explorer

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Set default apps via Settings app is buggy or crashing

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Desktop freezes on optimus System

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Incompatible Applications

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Borked System hardware

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Cortana and Chrome(ium) locking up PC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Microphones and Internal/external speakers not working.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, post whatever issue(s) you noticed after upgrading or clean install Spring Update.

For me, major eye-sore was Timeline/Task view crashes Windows explorer the moment you click on Task view or Hit Win+ Tab key. Set defaults apps is buggy. Random desktop freeze on Optimus system.
    @Papusan @Dr. AMK @judal57 @bloodhawk @Mr. Fox @Donald@HIDevolution @Mari1225 @Prema @j95 @Mobius 1 @iunlock @Falkentyne @Freitz @VICKYGAMEBOY @hmscott @NIGHTMARE Phoenix and everybody in the forum. Sorry if I missed anybody.
    @Charles P. Jefferies Feel free to edit the title of the thread to make it more appropriate if my English is bad.
    I'll add more Choices based on user's feedback.

Mari1225 and Dr. AMK like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    All the issues of Windows 10 version 1803 you may run into-Ghacks.net

Major issues
    • Microphone not detected anymore? Sound settings or features not working? Check Settings > Privacy Microphone and test if "Let apps use my microphone" resolves the issue.
    • No microcode update to protect the system against Spectre attacks. Microsoft released updates only for Windows 10 version 1709 and earlier and has not incorporated the updates into Windows 10 version 1803. If you installed the update on the PC in an earlier version and ran the update afterward, you will notice that the PC is no longer protected. Tip: run InSpectre to verify.

Other issues
    • Check Telemetry data collecting settings under Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback to make sure that they have not been reset.
    • Microsoft Edge won't start. A reset does not help. (my issue)
    • Mouse acceleration and movement seems different to before. Also, reports of mouse lag.
    • Right-clicks on programs in the Taskbar don't display the context menu.
    • Slow Alt-Tab performance when tabbing out of games. Fix: disable Focus Assist in the options under System > Focus Assist.
    • Some users report that a new partition is created after upgrading that they can't interact with. I did not experience this, but you may want to run Disk Management to remove it or hide it. If that does not work for whatever reason, use a program like TestDisk to remove it during boot.
    • Speaker enhancements may be reset after the upgrade (speaker properties)
    • The regular Start Menu does not open at all on a system with Start10 installed. Not sure if this is caused by Start10 or something else. (my issue)
    • Thumbnails no longer generated for (most) MKV files.
    • Users report that they can't change the "feedback frequency" setting under Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback anymore. On my system, it states "Windows Insider Program manages this option" even though the PC never joined the program.

Mari1225 and Vasudev like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Didn't know there were lot of issues.
    BTW, AWCC is slow as snail now. I switched back to Creators MR Image file and AW CC is snappy. I guess its time to kill off AWCC.

4. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Still having the same stuttering/mini freeze (opening/closing window/program) issues that were there since build 17133. Not as bad in 17134, but still there.
    It also has moments where it'll still take its slow-ass time auto-connecting to my wifi network

5. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Proprietary software Bloatware will be a BIG mess with Windows Services. I wonder if Dell/Dellienware or most other OEM’s will follow up with updates as new main Win updates come 2 times a year now from the Redmond Morons HQ. I smell this will be a problem. I’m happy I never install such on my machines:D @Phoenix:rolleyes:

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    who are you?

[​IMG]

7. paradigm

paradigm Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My 17Xr4 updated with the new MS spring update, keeps crashing even though it installs fine, reboots, applies all the updates and once i log back into the desktop, the RIG BSODs, with some ddkmd.sys error.

1) SSD, RAM and GPU (79710M) have been stressed, nil errors found.
    2) latest bios A14 applied, which updates for the spectre issues
    3) If i do a go-back on the update, machine boots, and nil errors (incidentally also have backups of pre-MS spring update)

Thing is i don't really want to to do a fresh reset as i have games, and settings applied in win10 that work perfectly and it's setup with all privacy options enabled like i need it). I am also past the era, where i would format and reinstall everything on the first BSOD, so if there are any ways around this, advice would be appreciated

8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Why do you use that GP everytime?

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    This is internal code lingo between me and Mr. PooPoosan. He understands me very well.

Phoenix = [​IMG] >>> PooPooSan = [​IMG]

Mari1225 and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Your rep count has become an anagram of w10 10240

Phoenix likes this.