Windows 10 Redstone 5

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 25, 2018.

1. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Eh... I did not get the KB4465065 at all from what I can tell from update history as I only got 1809 beginning of april. Anyway, nothing I did so far helped (uninstalling latest update, updating chipset drivers, getting rid of gigabyte easytune services - not sure how that got installed lol). Anyway, Latest update KB4495667 seems to so far not downclock (I pushed it to install via windows update)... I will see after a while of testing I guess ><
    PS. Yeah I know I don't have enough control over my updates and maybe I should have... I just kinda let them come lol - until now it worked ok.

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Windows 10 1809 Language Pack Issue, Microsoft recommends Reset of PC:vbbiggrin:

Closing Words
    The documentation leaves lot to be desired: it does not list language packs that are known to cause the issue, does not reveal how the error manifests itself, and makes a suggestion -- to check for updates to install an earlier cumulative update -- that makes little sense.

If you have not installed the latest cumulative updates yet and have Asian language packs installed, you may want to wait with the installation just a bit longer (until the issue is resolved).

Avé César and Vasudev like this.
  3. heliada

heliada Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 While your suggestion with power plans being reset & gpedit.msc was interesting (but did not help), I found the issue yay! And I was in the wrong thread the whole time without knowing... time to update the bios and if that does not help downclocking then I will head to the gigabyte forums ^^ I found meanwhile that my bios seems to get unresponsive when accessing certain submenus (still on f5 original bios for my mb while f9 is out - but I tend to avoid updating the bios at all costs usually, especially after hearing of some bricked boards with gigabyte bioses lol). So yeah that is a good sign sth is off with the bios at the very least - I mean, I should be able to access all the settings and not have the bios refuse to open them...
    Sooo long story short, it's the c1e being triggered while I game. I can run prime95 stable af for 2 hours, no issue. I can idle for hours without downclocking. BUT play my fav game: c1e. Well f me right. Disabled it and all is good in the world... Hence I thought I fixed it so many times cause it only happens in the game and c1e does not appear to trigger any of the usual throttling flags, not even in throttlestop... ^^ Time to keep it off and move on or try to mess with updating the bios etc, not sure yet... can c1e be triggered by windows? As it seems to have happened around the time after I updated to 1809 and there is little info on how exactly this state works.

PS. I find it annoying that when googling downclocks to 800mhz, c states don't even come up... or I missed it - would have saved me lots of time... :(

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Vasudev and 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 like this.
  4. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Glad you found the culprit :) yeah.. Windows can trigger C1E so disabling it through BIOS is the best way to cut the problem from the source and get done with it ;) which what you did currently :) C1E is one of the power saving features but I'm sure that it is not important at all for PC or Desktops but important for Laptops or 2 in 1 laptops :)

5. bajito93

bajito93 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, sameone can share the 1809 iso link. Please.

6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
  7. bajito93

bajito93 Newbie

Reputations:
  8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Google takes down the file pretty quickly.
    You can use Wintoolkit1.7.0.7 and NTLite for making tweaked edition of Win 10 yourself.

9. bajito93

bajito93 Newbie

Reputations:
    If someone can help me and send me the iso link for private, I would appreciate it.
    I do not have enough skill to do the iso.

Thanks.

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I'll make a new de-bloated ISO within the next couple of hours, but it will be on the new 19H1 build

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    0lok and Vasudev like this.