Windows 10 Redstone 5

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 25, 2018.

1. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys, is there any way to uninstall windows updates after using DISMx64 windows updates installers cleanup?

I tried Googling, read DISMx64 manual ... no clues.

What I tried:

I went to DISMx64, and re-installed manually downloaded last two updates kb4489899 and kb4489907.

weqwedfwef.jpg

Restarted and tried uninstalling them through WIndows and also DISMx64, but it throws following messages.
    I also tried uninstalling both at the same time (security update and cumulative update in DISMx64), with the same result.

Annotation 2019-03-14 143823.jpg

So it gives me an option to uninstall them, but throws an error, and they stay installed.

The sound problems are starting to get really annoying, and now in MPC-HC if a song in playlist finishes playback, the next song plays 'muted' and MPC-HC stops responding.

From now on, honestly, I do no more DISMx64 cleanup for Windoes updates, unless I find a workaround to be able to uninstall them or the updates are working without causing issues.

Aroc, custom90gt and Vasudev like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Once uninstalled through Dism/Dism++ there is no way to uninstall it. Its permanent. That's why, wait for a week before you run uninstall.

c69k and Aroc like this.
  3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I have warned about that you risk run into this mess before. Some will be screwed if they don't know what they do. Or read how the tools works. And for the records... In short it's even not needed (Only needed if you run the same OS version for a long time). And if you still want... Only 1 week after is too soon.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    c69k, Aroc and Vasudev like this.
  4. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I never used that DISM cleanup method. It's pointless with today's high capacity storage at relatively cheap prices. What are you trying to get man? 500MB? Not worth this BS.

Please format your taptop [​IMG]

c69k, Aroc and Rengsey R. H. Jr. like this.
  5. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    DISM cleanup really helps not space wise but several copies of older dll files are compressed or removed and new files are placed with fixes and win 10 can use newer patched version transparently!
    If you're developing softwares WinSxS is a boon otherwise you are filling up the disk with useless files.
    Older W10 only cleaned up <500MB but newer ones spit out 1.3GB or more if subsequent Dism cleanup sessions are missed (Full reset or partial reset)

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9, c69k and Aroc like this.
  6. c69k

c69k Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The sound issue is gone now somehow LOL Thanx for suggestions !!! I left the last WIndows update as installed a.k.a. not permanent (better say in a state that it can be uninstalled).

Laptop works as intended.:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  7. 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9

6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You got a point.. :) I do that regularly to have Compacted OS which will help me do DiskImaging faster & backup size is much more smaller ;) anything wrong happened... quick restore within 5 minutes :D

Like messing with the RAM settings corrupts or nukes my OS regularly :D so... it really helps to have small sized Windows OS for quick backup & recovery :) saves time ;)

Vasudev likes this.
  8. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Sir Pumpkin Longshanks

Reputations:
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  10. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ultra Male likes this.