Windows 10 Redstone 5

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vasudev and 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 like this.
  2. pipyakas

pipyakas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does "much more" includes support for Hyper-V? I tried to install Docker and one of the features requires Hyper-V to work, and both letting Docker enabling it and doing it manually results in Windows reporting failure and rollback the changes after a few reboots

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You can check Enable or disable Program features
    By default Hyper V is disabled and IMO, you're better off installing Docker and test Image under Linux. In windows 10 every update might break your environment

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Of course it was pulled. They prefer to give Push it out as a surprise:rolleyes: Everything coming from Redmond HQ is Beta!!!!!!!!!

KB4487044 Windows 10 1809 17763.316 (Manual download) Patchday February

Known issues with the KB4487044

• After installing KB4480116, some users report that they can not load a Web page in Microsoft Edge with a local IP address. Surfing fails or the webpage may stop responding.
    • Workaround: Control Panel -> Internet Options Security Tab -> Trusted Sites
    • Disable server verification check box (https) for all sites in this zone
    • In the field Add this website to the zone: enter the local IP address that could not be loaded, eg http://192.168.0.1.
    • Select the Add button.
    • Select the Server Verification Required (https) checkbox for all sites in this zone.
    • Select the Close button.
    • Select the OK button.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge.
    • support.microsoft
    Fixed issues with the KB4487044
    • Fixes an issue where the value of LmCompatibilityLevel was not set correctly. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies the authentication mode and the session security.
    • Fixes a problem that can prevent the opening of applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database does not open with the error "Unrecognized Database Format".
    • Fixes an issue where logon for Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment fails when using Windows 2019 Server Domain Controller (DC) for authentication. The error is: "This option is temporarily unavailable. Please use another method for the time being to log in. " When Active Directory (AD) activity tracking is enabled, an exception from the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) may occur when processing a user's login in Windows 2019 DC.
    • Note By default, the AD Data Collector Set and Microsoft Azure Advanced Threat Protection (AATP) allow you to track Active Directory activity.
    • Fixes a problem in Microsoft HoloLens that allows users to bypass logon to the lock screen in some workflows.
      Security Updates for Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and File Systems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics and Windows App Platform and Frameworks.

KB4483452 .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2

windows10.0-kb4483452-x64.msu
    support.microsoft

Flash Player 32.0.0.142 (KB4487038) and Adobe (Reader) 2019.10.20091 are available for download

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Vasudev, 6.|THE|1|BOSS|.9 and 0lok like this.
  5. pipyakas

pipyakas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I tried this when I said I also tried to do it manually, and Windows 10 always stop the "installing" new feature after around 85-90% then rollback
    I read some post online about how uninstalling some virtual network adapters might sove the problem, and now none of my network adapters is showing in Windows and I lost internet in Windows 10 entirely so I'll try to reinstall Windows 10 anyway

6. Vasudev

Reputations:
    That's bad.

7. pipyakas

pipyakas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yup
    It might have nothing to do with the bloatware free version, I did install openvpn and connectify and some other programs that might touch those virtual network adapters. Before all this shenanigans I did lost my ability to change DNS in each adapter since when I go into their Properties the windows would popup and appears to be empty (with some warnings about having no protocols available or sth)
    Seems like I'll get docker up in Ubuntu instead, eventhough I want to and do spent more time in Windows 10

8. Vasudev

Reputations:
    It seems you need to use Driver Store explorer to delete those network filter drivers and hopefully you should get the networking back up and running.
    I found it very cumbersome to setup Visual studio on W10 with each update screwing up my initial environment for machine learning since I felt nvidia drivers were good on Windows and I went crazy when working projects become non-working w/o updating. I grabbed a uninstaller tool from github and uninstalled every remnants of VS, deleted reg entries, de-bloated the reg files and now all is good under linux. It just works w/o adding any delay to bootup, no more VS services hogging my CPU/RAM etc...

9. pipyakas

pipyakas Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I tried using Driver Store Explorer to delete all network adapters drivers, reboot the laptop, try to install new drivers and they always fail with the message "Realtek network controller was not found" and something to do with deep sleep mode
    At this point I'll just backup everything and reinstall Windows
    Edit: an "upgrade" by reinstalling using the same iso worked for me. Network is back, time to try Hyper-V once again
    Edit2: Hyper-V and Docker also works

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. Vasudev

Reputations:
    That's why I suggested only to delete network driver filters, I think you deleted Intel drivers as well because of some dependency.
    Well its good to hear Docker and HyperV works. Haahaa.

pipyakas likes this.