Windows 10 Redstone 5

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Yeah, you shouldn't spend too much on Trash:notworthy:

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You never know. I might need to downgrade from something far worse someday. It's definitely not getting better. There are varying degrees of filth and things are not moving in the right direction.

Papusan likes this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vistar Shook, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  4. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They're legit? I had a look at that, but when I saw it was a paid sponsered post, I starting having doubts. I really have no desire to spend more money on something that's just going to suck less, but $12 is cheap enough to consider.

5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Yes, the keys are real and work as intended. I have purchased numerous W7, W8.X and W10 OEM keys and game keys from Kinguin.net as well. The method of distribution might be objectionable to some, but they are not illegitimate keys.

The release of Windows 10 we have now sucks more than the previous release, and the the previous release sucks more than the one it replaced. I expect that trend to continue and, considering the source, there is no basis to have hope for improvement. The product keys are not release specific, but they are version specific (Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc.).

As sucky as things are, what we hate today might be an improvement over what is to come in the same way that Windows 7 is still better than Windows 8.X and Windows 10. The magnitude of the suckiness is relative to the most recent alternative(s). At some point there will be no way to continue using Windows 7 because it will no longer install, will not activate properly and no drivers will work. It will be a sad day, but the decline cannot be avoided. This is sad because it used to be exciting back in the days when new actually meant better. That's not how it works any more. The worthless gimmicks bundled in Windows OS X play an important role in creating distractions that help make the suckiness less identifiable.

There is a strategy to all of this. For example, if you were to bake a batch of brownies composed of 50% dog feces, those you are serving would immediately identify an issue, call it disgusting and flat-out reject it. If you start with a small amount and gradually increase the ratio of feces over time, until eventually the entire batch is composed of baked feces, it will be consumed without question and will even be regarded as a culinary masterpiece.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Vistar Shook, Papusan and Token CDN like this.
  6. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well I guess ~$20 Canadian Pesos is a reasonable price to pay to get that abomination of Win10 Home off my laptop. Of course there's no rush installing it now, with the activation server issues and not to mention the continuing s--tstorm of bugs (plus I'm currently trying to force myself to get used to Mint). Just have to tuck the key away in a safe spot and hope there's a reasonably functional release sometime this year

I hear what you're saying regarding the current versions, and I have to agree that the future isn't looking very bright for Windows users

Papusan, jeremyshaw and Mr. Fox like this.
  7. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Papusan likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Millions of PCs Running Windows 10’s October Update Haven’t Received Critical Fixes
    upload_2018-11-10_0-58-23.png

Millions of Windows PCs installed the October 2018 Update and haven’t received those fixes. You’d have to sign up as a
    Windows Insider to get them. Beta testers have a more stable operating system than millions of early adopters. And Microsoft isn’t communicating with its customers, so no one knows this.
    Hence get a cheap Win 10 PRO key is more important than ever.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  9. macmyc

macmyc Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't need no fix!, i'd rather stay on this build forever lol, it has been much more stable than 1803 luckily. Windows is a nightmare whenever it updates..

10. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    Wait, they have updates for Windows Phone?

No, seriously. I was stupid and bought a Samsung Focus, which was dead ended in just a few months when Windows Phone 7 had no upgrade path.

Then, I went and did another stupid thing, and bought a Nokia 920, which was dead ended with Windows Mobile 8. Now, MSFT had a short program where they could be experimentally updated to Windows 10, but the plug on that was pulled rather quickly, and I missed the bus.

I should have followed the Bushism. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me t.... well, you can't get fooled again.

I haven't spent a penny on MSFT junk since.

Well, short of the small of amount of graft Lenovo paid to MSFT for Win10 Home.

Mr. Fox likes this.