Windows 10 Redstone 4

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    No guarantee. I trust only myself:) The whole Win 10 is a mess. + drivers and tools who have to deal with it. And not forget the hardware.

Vasudev, Mari1225 and KY_BULLET like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Her PC hardware was KabyLake Clevo 7700K and it emitted raw power. That's the reason I used my lenovo BGA just to avoid getting my AW killed by AW_killer Clevos.:D:bigsmile:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Mari1225 and KY_BULLET like this.
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Mari1225 and KY_BULLET like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The problem is the belief that this actually matters. Micro$haft "support" is tantamount to control and interference. As long as I can activate Windows 7 and find drivers that work with newer hardware, I will continue using it. With the belief that their support matters continuing to cloud the judgment of the masses, it is anyone's guess how long that will be. The Digi-Nazi dictatorship will, out of necessity, resort to sabotage, because they are dishonest control freaks that enjoy playing god and they actually believe they know what is best for everyone. They are against autonomy and freedom.

I don't care about VR, so Oculus and Vive are irrelevant gimmicks to me. But, there are other Kool-Aid drinkers that worship at the Redmond altar of filth, so more are likely to follow. This is one of the reasons I started my experimentation as an Insider and continue to dual boot Windoze OS X.

Keeping your enemies closer than your friends is good advice.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    -- Paul, The Apostle (a letter to the Church at Ephesus)​

upload_2018-6-29_7-0-34.png

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  5. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Reputations:
    I actually redid the cabling (once again) and covered one of WWAN cables (which turned out to have some stripped insulation near the hinge) with a nice layer of electrical tape - and WiGiG works again, so far. The color profile problem, however, is still here obviously.

alexhawker, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  6. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Very vice said. Everything has to be worse before it will be any better. Can’t trust others as I said in my previous post!!
    What may works for others doesn’t mean it works for all others vs. this ****y OS. I mean software, drivers vs. all types hardware with Win 10. A lottery.

Vasudev and KY_BULLET like this.
  7. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After a long time just had a new go at testing 10, preparing for the day it may be time for some new laptop(s). Install went fine (no network of course), was ok to see some improvement in the privacy choice interface during install (but hey, the bastards could have made it like that in the first release). Still, with everything turned off it's probably 1\10th of what shutup10 offers.

Did all the usual installs anf fixes (shutup, a normal \ useable browser, a good file manager etc, deleted all the (cr)apps, killed and dismembered Cortana etc). Result it works ok, the dozens of ip connections stopped etc. Could live with this if on a desert island with nothing else available.

But by God, the looks and behavior, what an ugly milkshake of vanilla icecream + anchovies, with pastel coloring additive. For example, that they have still not, after all these years, managed to come up with something better than the ridiculous jumping between Control Panel and 'Modern (lol) menus'. Looks like coming from their Frankenstein dept., the eternal beta os relased upon unsuspecting villagers.

Impression, after tweaks it could run my programs fine, and privacy\control ok, but zero urge or need to jump ship from 8.1 for the foreseable future.

Mari1225, Vasudev, Papusan and 3 others like this.
  8. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mind if I ask what you used to dismember Cortana, up to date for 1803 and what you used to disable the IP connections. I'm using the latest SU10 but Cortana (and Edge) keep rearing their ugly heads up in taks manager?I think I need to update the blocked sites list on my router if there is one kicking about, these sneaky beggars keep moving things around!

Vistar Shook likes this.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Cortana running in the task manager does not mean Cortana is actually active if you've disabled her using Group Policy Editor or O&O ShutUp10, it is simply the searchui.exe used for the Windows Search. That task has just been renamed.

See: Why Is Cortana Still Running in the Background After You Disable It?

10. Woodking

Woodking Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Vistar Shook and Vasudev like this.