Windows 10 Redstone 4

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Vistar Shook, Mari1225 and Vasudev like this.
  2. Papusan

Reputations:
    Third Cumulative Update for Windows 10 April 2018 Update Is Now Liveo_O
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update 17134.83 (KB4338548) changelog
    "This update addresses an issue where the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks Desktop can’t run in multi-user mode on Windows 10, version 1803 devices. The QuickBooks multi-user mode service fails to start with error “Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer.” and “Error 193: 0xc1”."

Known issues: Microsoft is not aware of any issues that affect this update currently:rolleyes:

It’s possible we will receive another cumulative update for the April 2018 Update on Patch Tuesday, since this one doesn’t carry any security fixes or the long list of performance fixes that cumulative updates usually bring.

You can manually download KB4338548 from →here←. And Good luck!

3. longknives

longknives Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is where I stopped as well. Although I was just perusing the CF-19 MK4 Toughbook which is currently running W10 Pro and it seems as though it is now a trifle slower than when I'm running the W7 drive on the same machine. It seems like it was a bit faster with 10 before, but then again advancing age and my memory aren't quite what they used to be either.

All the tweaks I'm using for both W7 & W10 are still keeping the M/S bots at bay, for now anyway.

Mari1225 and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    Cumulative Updates for Windows 10 June 12, 2018

KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112) comes with the following change log

• Provides protections from an additional subclass of speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639). These protections aren't enabled by default. For Windows client (IT pro) guidance, follow the instructions in KB4073119. For Windows Server guidance, follow the instructions in KB4072698. Use this guidance document to enable mitigations for Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639) in addition to the mitigations that have already been released for Spectre Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715) and Meltdown (CVE-2017-5754).
    • Addresses an issue in which the 2017 and 2018 versions of Intuit QuickBooks can't run in multi-user mode on Windows 10 1803 devices. Users will now be offered Windows 10, version 1803.
    • Adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
    • Addresses an issue with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
    • Addresses an issue that causes certain games to fail to show dialogs when connected to monitors that support interlaced display formats.
    • Addresses an issue with the brightness controls on some laptops after updating to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.
    • Addresses a reliability issue in which the GameBar may fail to launch.
    • Addresses an issue where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present. This update prevents firmware installation on devices in this state. Administrators can install firmware updates by:
      1. Temporarily suspending BitLocker.
      2. Immediately installing firmware updates before the next OS startup.
      3. Immediately restarting the device so that BitLocker doesn’t remain in the suspended state.
    • Addresses an issue that caused the system to start up to a black screen. This issue occurs because previous updates to the Spring Creators Update were incompatible with specific versions of PC tune-up utilities after installation.
    • Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows kernel, Windows Server, Windows storage and filesystems, Windows wireless networking, remote code execution, and Windows virtualization and kernel.

5. Papusan

Reputations:
    KB4284835 install fails for many Windows 10 v1803 users guinea pigs-Windowsreport.com :D

Vistar Shook and Vasudev like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Windows 7 FTW. It just works. Flawlessly, and with no drama. Micro$lop "support" not required. All they do is screw up the stuff they touch. They no longer have the capacity to do anything right. They're too busy focusing on the worthless crap aspects of Windows 10 to give their attention to what actually matters.

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Microsoft Stops Cortana From Giving People Access To Your PC
    [​IMG]

But why in first place giving people access to your pc?:rolleyes:

8. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The installation went fine for me. I always use offline updates. On my sis's lappie who became a GP now, since I was fed-up with manual update as she said I was destroying/slowing her PC. Fast forward now, W10 FCU broke her lappie and she says everything works. One odd problem I found was, restarting the pc produces a black screen.

I just found W10 doesn't clear the values after a restart, say for example bad clocks settings or in my case I connected my PC to TV and after restarting my audio driver was switched to TV even after disconnecting it from the PC. Only a shutdown fixed the issue.
    Summary: Windows needs a Shutdown to clear all register contents and what not!
    On Linux a restart/shutdown is all it takes to clear them.

So if you're OC'ing on the fly and aren't getting improvements shutdown the PC for 5 secs and do it again to get improved scores.

When were WE in control of W10?
    I actually got a email from Windows indirectly asking me to switch from WP to Android (Samsung S8/S9 in images) or iphone to collaborate work between PC and Phone.
    Looks like they're desperate now and even I am desperate to switch to Android. I hate you buy a new phone.

Vistar Shook and Mari1225 like this.
  9. Mari1225

Mari1225 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do we really need this update? :rolleyes::eek: lol

Mr. Fox and Vasudev like this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yep we need them until Intel posts the spectre V4 fix microcode to OEM.
    The performance impact is less in this update as opposed to earlier update. I lost only 11 points in CB r15 as opposed to 20 pts difference and slower performance.

Mari1225 and 0lok like this.