Windows 10 Redstone 4

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How broken do things get? I used the most recent (8.3?) msmg toolkit to remove the Win. Store (cr)apps, and components. Nothing seems to have gone FUBAR yet - although I did get an error in SFC regarding a corrupt Onedrive dll even though it's been removed.

There are no current settings for removing Defender/Cortana yet and I would imagine that's where most of the problems would be

Vasudev, Ultra Male and 0lok like this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Vasudev likes this.
  5. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    @Phoenix @Mr. Fox ++ all not mentioned but not forgotten.

Installed the new Pastel colored Junk called Win 10 1803 April Update. To check out the new Ultimate SCAM Performance vs. old High Performance Power Plan. I controlled the Processor settings in power plan with Coder Bag Core Parking tool + Bitsum parkControl (You can show park settings for processor in Win Power Settings with this tools). Why people have to pay more for this Win 10 Pro Workstation OS (designed for workstations) is something I will never understand. @Phoenix :rolleyes: Almost no changes. Aka Nothing new - Minor changes, worth nothing!! I have the Norwegian OS version, but it should be easy to understand the numbers. As expected.... Micro$h4ft try all dirty tricks/ways to grab a few more $$$ from your wallets.

Windows High Performance power Plan....
    [​IMG]

The new Optimal Performance (Ultimate Performance Power plan)....
    [​IMG]

Bitsum Highest Performance Power plan....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Vasudev, Falkentyne and 0lok like this.
  7. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Probably not a scam, could have changes in relation to process management to reduce “micro latencies” as they put it and other stuff not visible in settings. I mean they did say it’s not really meant for gamers and oriented to workstations and those users probably have Pro anyway for things like Hyper-V etc so more like a small bonus for those who already have it.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Are there ESD files available for 1804? I need one for W10 Enterprise.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Papusan

Reputations:
    I don't trust Micro$h4ft. See... https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...ort-from-windows-10-pro-push-workstation-sku/

This ultimate power profile showed a minor change in processor settings vs. High performance plan, and they could adopt it into High Performance power Plan in all OS versions if they wanted from the beginning. But this <new> power profile was needed in Win 10 Pro Workstation OS, in the same way as they removed full ReFS support from Windows 10 Pro and throw it into the so called new high-end edition of Windows 10 Pro. And we can clearly see how Win 10 Pro looks more and more as the Home Edition:D

https://betanews.com/2018/05/04/how-to-enable-ultimate-performance-power-plan-in-windows-10/
    "This new plan is really designed for workstations, but gamers and video editors will benefit from it too. It likely won’t be available to simply switch to on your PC, but you can enable it with this simple hack."

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    I think the ESD file for enterprise version will be available later, only the Home/regular Pro versions are available as of now IIRC.

Regarding to papu's post, most from what I see have different value on BATTERY and not on AC power (plugged in), so it makes sense to have lower performance on battery to extend the battery life and prevent possible overdraw that can damage the battery.

Vistar Shook, Papusan and Vasudev like this.