Windows 10 Redstone 4

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Feb 23, 2018.

1. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Anyone have a link to the RS4 RTM for Windows 10 Enterprise?

2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Download all Editions

Once you download Enterprise, run the Batch file and it will download all the files and then compile it to an ISO. All official from the MSDN Library

[​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  3. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    j95, Papusan and Vistar Shook like this.
  4. j95

j95 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    jaug1337, Vasudev, Ultra Male and 3 others like this.
  5. benson881

benson881 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I've had massive dramas installing this. Only tried an upgrade as I've only just reinstalled a fresh version a couple of weeks ago.
    It hangs straight away and won't even let me into the bios. Did a backup fortunately wish I would like to thank phoenix for a great reflection video.
    Anyone else had issues similar to mine?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's always an adventure installing a new Win 10 version. Seriously, everytime I've done it some different issue will pop up. This time (my 2nd RS4 install) Edge, Store, and Xbox kept repinning themselves to the Start menu until after a few reboots. Strangely this time, that one telemetry setting in OOSU10 that keeps resetting, didn't.

I was reading an article about the new Inspectre utility. Ran it myself and my machine shows I'm vulnerable to Spectre now (the button to (dis)enable protection is greyed out). I was protected through the MS updates before hand. I don't really care much (surprisingly Acer actually is making a BIOS update for my laptop), just wondering if this is a RS4 thing

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    Microsoft demotes Windows 10 Redstone 4 build 17133 from RTM status-Windowscenteral.com
    After delaying the release of Windows 10 Redstone 4, Microsoft has now demoted build 17133 from RTM status internally due to a last minute blocking bug.

My sources are now suggesting that Microsoft has since demoted Windows 10 build 17133 from RTM status internally, meaning the company is now compiling new Redstone 4 builds once again in an attempt find a new one that passes the necessary criteria for public release. As a reminder, RTM stands for 'Release To Manufacturing' and is the build that goes out to partners for preloading onto new hardware, and is also the official build that gets rolled out to the world as an update.

Edit. (17. April)
    Microsoft Finally Releases the Highly Awaited Windows 10 1803 1804? RTM Build
    It would probably take another week for Microsoft to release today’s build to all the rings to test it for any last minute issues. But if all goes well, Windows 10 17134 will be the RTM build for Windows 10 version 1803 – which should technically be 1804:rolleyes: now.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...iew-build-17134-for-fast/#ADFXdi95pgSY1ydo.97

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Windows 10 Demoted Back to Insider Preview 17133.1

[​IMG]

Next RTM Build rumored to be: 17134.1

Vasudev, Vistar Shook and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    And you have finally find out this now?:eek: How much time have you wasted on being Micro$h4ft's unpaid Guinea Pig ?:rolleyes: And how many format a day?
    [​IMG]

10. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That might not be a good idea... it depends on what Apple means by "their own CPU", when dropping Intel as their CPU source.

If it means AMD and Apple are collaborating on building a custom line of CPU's for iphone through workstation, then that might be a great situation to be on the ground floor of, but not until they release them.

Apple has been using poor performing ARM and Intel CPU's for a while now, their Macbooks have hardly any 'pute to do real work, while the AIO/desktop's that can do real work use Xeon CPU's and implementations that are way over priced.

So, AMD would bring in a wide range of parts that could do the entire line that Apple needs, including GPU's.

Or Apple means they plan on using their ARM and GPU aquisitions to supply CPU / GPU's for Macbooks and desktops like they use them for their iphone / ipads, and that would be a disaster for anyone looking for real compute / GPU performance in their tools under MacOS.

Basically Apple would have brought the performance of their laptops and desktops down so far with poor Intel parts, that Apple's internal CPU / GPU's could be used to pick up from here when dropping Intel.

We don't know which way Apple is going, but either way Intel is on the "outs" which means buying any Apple product with Intel right now, especially the new expensive stuff, is a deadend product right out of the box.

It would be like buying PowerPC Macintosh hardware, or Motorola Macintosh hardware, just before each transitition.

Of course if Apple does go the ARM and internal GPU development route, these final Intel products could be the best performing Apple products for years to come.

And, which way is the OS going to go? Will Apple bring IOS to the desktop / laptop and drop MacOSX completely?

At this point it's too much of a gamble to spend money on Apple hardware.

alexhawker likes this.