Windows 10 Redstone 4

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Ultra Male, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    It's quite amazing that Micro$h4ft has to launch a new OS build that has known not working feature when it's launched. Poor craftsmanship. This should have been discovered before. But so it is when they are dependent on the unpaid Guinea Pigs and do not have enough own paid competent people in their own ranks that can weed out these mistakes before it is too late. They have had 6 months on this mess, and the OS is build on same lines as what is out now. Same as start selling automobiles without brakes:D

Vasudev likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hahaa automobiles is very good feature that lets you get max acceleration w/ 100% risk on your life. I think Agencies who test them are paid handsomely to keep their mouth shut and fill up their pockets and stomach.
    I'll suggest them to release new OS every 2 years instead of every year Spring and Fall because people can prepare for migration easily.

3. Token CDN

Token CDN Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A fresh DL didn't help anything on my end. Uninstalling all the Xbox junk did however. I'm not sure what the heck happened to my install, but even their lousy Calculator won't launch anymore. I'm really starting to think that getting off my lazy ass and having to learn Linux can't possibly p-ss me off any more than continuing to use W10 (actually, I have played round with Solus. Seems to have potential. At the very least it's the first Linux build I've managed to get installed without having to dick around with my BIOS settings…)

Vasudev, Papusan and Ultra Male like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If you deleted VClib and .net framework for UWP mainly 1.6 and upwards you might run into issues.

5. Token CDN

Reputations:
    All that junk is untouched. The only thing I've done recently was run the disk clean function of DISM++.

This is pretty typical of my experience with the latest versions of Win 10. It'll run great for a week or two, then s--t starts to fall apart for no obvious reason. Actually, that's a bit of a lie. I have been having one big annoyance with RS4 right from the start. It takes it's slow-ass time auto connecting to my WIFI network

Vasudev and Ultra Male like this.
  6. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Me too sometimes I have to manually connect even as it won’t auto connect on startup

Vasudev and Token CDN like this.
  7. Token CDN

Reputations:
    Sounds like mine. If I let it sit for 5 minutes it'll eventually decide to connect on its own, but by then I've tried and failed to get online so I'll just do a manual connect.

Hopefully a patch will come down the pipeline and straighten these things out tomorrow, but I don't know if I'd hold my breath. I'm thinking I might give it one fresh reinstall once the official update (and patch) is released and see if things are running any better. If not it might just be time to switch to dual boot Linux and soundless Win 7 - yes even Win 7 with a non-functioning soundcard is sounding like a better alternative…

8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I'd suggest handling Windows the same as I do my cars. I buy something that is good enough to get the job done without any fuss, fanfare or frustration after someone else has already worked all the kinks out of while it is depreciating as fast as a snow ball melts in Phoenix. Then I drive the snot out of it for +200K miles until it's so old and worn out that it is no longer worth the cost of normal maintenance before I get another one. It facilitates work and pleasure, but it's only the vehicle that takes me where I need to go. Remember when their slogan used to be "Where do you want to go today?" That was actually a fitting slogan back in the day. Now they want the Windows OS itself to be the destination, which is simply retarded.

Windows 10 reminds me of this "ice cream man" clip from the movie Legion. Not what we expect or want in an OS. Initial response is, "Ah, man, he don't look that bad..." but, then comes the utterance "Oh ----!" when the gaping jaws and knuckle-dragging freak shows them what a disgusting monster from the pits of hell he really is.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Vasudev, Ultra Male and Papusan like this.
  9. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    First Cumulative Update for Redstone 4:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 (17133.73)
    Download = http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._1df891e137e7b949c68013166ce2fdb6b28f230b.cab

UPDATE 4/10: We have released KB4100375 (OS Build 17133.73) to Windows Insiders running Build 17133 in the Fast, Slow, and Release Preview rings. This update includes the following quality improvements (no new OS features):
    • Addresses a PDF security issue in Microsoft Edge.
    • Addresses an issue that, in some instances, prevents Internet Explorer from identifying custom controls.
    • Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows kernel, Microsoft graphics component, Windows Server, Windows cryptography, and Windows datacenter networking.

[ 2018-04 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version Next for x64-based Systems ]
    Download = http://download.windowsupdate.com/c..._32f751842bb2993a267c7827d9cbc1676e130b41.cab

1) Rename whatever update you are about to install to update.cab

2) Create a folder in the root of C:\ and name that folder Update

3) Cut/Paste that update.cab into the Update folder in the root of C:\

4) Click on the Start Menu

5) Navigate to All Programs > Windows System > then right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator

6) Copy/paste the below command into the command prompt window

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\update\update.cab

7) After the update has been installed, reboot your computer then delete the folder you created earlier in the root of C:\ called update

[​IMG]

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Auto connect is working for me but MSA is borked. Darn, my phone bookmarks, contacts, skype aren't synced. :mad::mad: