Windows 10 Redstone 4

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Phoenix, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Try Dism++ to export current settings from host to Live Image/ Host Image.

slimmolG likes this.
  2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Well, that is a small part of it. I do hate the hamburger menus, but that is not the primary reason I hate it. I hate UWP apps for many reasons. Aesthetics suck in multiple ways. It makes a PC feel like a smartphone. The whole look and feel of the natural Windows 10 UI/environment sucks. Everything takes up way too much space. Extremely inefficient layout, and it is bleeding over even into web design now. Monkey see, monkey do. Everything is bigger and more spread out than it needs to be, wasting tons of unused screen space and requiring additional menus and scrolling that are not necessary. Everything feels bloated based on appearance. Many aspects of Windows 10 have been severely dumbed down, functionality reduced, things moved to obscure places without any real justification for it. It's all just a clunky, clumsy piece of trash OS and UWP filth makes it worse.

In general, I consider most of the UWP apps to be shareware garbage. Having the Digi-Nazis controlling the app development and using the Store for distribution makes me despise them even more. It all plays into the draconian control freak crap plans for PC, and it makes me hate them even more.

I am really displeased with essentially every aspect of the UWP app program. I have no use for their glorified smartphone software trash channel.

alexhawker, Vasudev, 6730b and 2 others like this.
  3. slimmolG

slimmolG Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Amen to that. Almost every point demands a little rep.

It's as if MS developers decided that users are happiest when they are using a computer, rather than using a computer to do things. There's a middle ground between straight command line and a kiosk designed to order food at a gas station and Win 8/10 isn't it.

I remember when I first saw the fancy Win 98 Plus! desktop themes, and thought... Jungle? Mystery? ... it's a mystery why they spend effort on all this fluff!

-- Of course it would look pretty streamlined by today's standard.

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Microsoft broke "disable web search" in Windows 10 version 1803

hmscott, Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    How many days was needed to find their own incompetence? From what I remebered, The last build hadn't known issues. Give me a breake from this mess.... "Micro$h¤ft changed web search several times since that initial release. The company removed the user interface setting to disable Cortana or web searching in the Anniversary Update which meant that users had to disable Web Search in Windows 10 this using policies or the Windows Registry."

Closing Words
    While Microsoft might publish an update for Windows 10 version 1803 on day one to fix the issue, I don't think it is very likely that this is going to happen. Web search functionality has privacy implications as search terms need to be sent to Microsoft so that the company can return search suggestions.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    People need to just say no to this trash OS. To hell with Micro$loth... those clowns are as worthless as tits on a boar, and so is the digital garbage they have on offer.

Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I disabled those things in NTLite so I never had any issue. I will suggest "If you don't use a feature don't enable them in the first place!"

Maybe the UI didn't feel displaced to me since I already use Who'knows phone(hahaaa). When you did mention waste of screen space is what made me think about that point. I agree with you, W10 is hella lot different from W95 till win 7. Maybe I lack the experience in seeing things. Those familiar with older Windows will feel w10 is a different OS altogether!
    So, if we put aside UWP trash screen space wastage and other annoyance and invest or re-imagine it as fully functional Win32/Amd64 UI, will that change your perception?

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    I am so sick of this darn OS to the point where when Apple releases the new MacBook Pro for 2018, if it was half as decent as my current laptop I am switching to McDonald's OS and learning how to use a computer all over again from scratch!

MacBook Pro 2018 Leaked Specs

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    hmscott, Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    Doesn't matter. Please, don't defend their incompetence. Those things shall work as intended. When they change functionality several times, it will be messed up in the end. This is only a small part of the OS... But what with the rest if they continue as this?

Vasudev likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I reckon you'll switch to Win 10/7 using a Clevo lappie with Steelseries K/b and mouse.
    I don't understand the logic behind Apple using Higher RAM capacities saying it will hinder battery life. You see even if the RAM is 4GB or 8GB it still consumes 1.35V and 1-2W on ddr4 RAM modules. So, its their way of saying People won't use 32GB RAM at all. If they want it they can buy iMac Pro or iMac.

I don't use web search in search bar at all. I was using it on w7 and now most browsers allow the search function in address bar itself.
    I didn't know many people used that feature.