Windows 10 on Samsung Notebooks

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John Ratsey, Jul 19, 2015.

1. skygunnerblue

skygunnerblue Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    So I did the Windows 10 update, and everything seems more-or-less ok, except that the 2-finger scroll got reversed and I can't figure out how to set it back. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. akheron

akheron Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yah.. happened to me too. You can change the direction under mouse settings.

skygunnerblue likes this.
  3. skygunnerblue

skygunnerblue Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Not sure how I missed that, but thank you! :confused:

4. fullyZ

fullyZ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys, i've a NP700Z5C and i went from W8 to W8.1 and then W10..
    I feel it a little bit laggy perhaps due to the not-clean installation (factory bloatware ecc).
    Can anyone tell me what's the best solution in order to fresh install W10 with a working F4 recovery??
    If i completely format my HDD (removing the recovery partitions too) can i get it back as factory through an exported factory image?

5. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Once that is gone, it is gone. give the new OS 24 hours it will feel better once indexing and other house keeping chores are done.

6. go45cvi

go45cvi Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I agree it might take a few hours for all the new OS chores to complete and things should get better. But you can also do a clean install and maintain working F4 as long as you don't delete those partitions in windows setup. However, in SRS6 (typical version for a W8+ laptop) unlike SRS5 you can also enter F4 and use a 32 or possibly 16GB flash drive to export the entire recovery to. This can be used to completely reimage the machine to factory. Then you can delete all the partitions, reclaim the space and start fresh, though you will be left with the often unpleasant task of migrating programs and files. Your call, the W10 key can be extracted with a key finder, but reportedly it is also saved with your MS account.

7. Terarant

Terarant Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi,

I've got an NP350VC that I updated to Win10 yesterday. seemed to be fine at first, but now everything's gone to absolute hell. I'm getting INTERNAL_POWER_ERRORS right, left and centre. It seems to be related to the Radeon HD7600M display adapter, as I can't change the display brightness. It also restarted when I plugged it in, even though it had been on the mains with no trouble earlier. this makes me think it might have a problem with the replacement battery I'm using. What I've tried so far is:

- Uninstalling the HD7600M adapter and deleting driver software. However, it came right back on restart anyway.

- Disabling automatic restart. However, all this did was make it hang on that 'Your PC encountered a problem and had to restart, etc. ....' screen

- Full system restore.

If anyone has any more ideas, I'd be glad to hear them, I'm seriously considering downgrading back to 8.1 at this point. I can't take the light or the (unprecedentedly loud and chronic) fan noise any more. Needless to say I'm disappointed. This upgrade was supposed to fix the world's problems, make everybody happy and dispense free beer too :rolleyes: should have done more research rather than go crashing happily into it :(

[EDIT: I see someone mentioned a 'clean install' above. Would doing this help?]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  8. John Ratsey

John Ratsey Moderately inquisitive Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Many of the Samsung notebooks have a Samsung customised graphics driver to tie into the notebook's brightness control. The other piece of Samsung software that you will need is Settings, which does some power configuration and also provides the interface to the Fn key controls. You may find that the most recent versions of Settings and the graphics driver as issued for your notebook work better than whatever generic versions Windows 10 is using. One problem is that Samsung's Settings program has added a few features over the years but also lost a few that were relevant to the older notebooks.

And the last thing I want is Windows 10 starting to dispense beer and kill the keyboard. :rolleyes:

John

Terarant likes this.
  9. Terarant

Terarant Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, I'll try to find those drivers. I have Settings, but it's not affecting the hardware button functions.

Haha. I was thinking it could come out of the HDMI port into a keg, I never use it these days :p

[EDIT: I think that's done it. I've also downloaded the Catalyst Control Centre (CCC) as I've just noticed it wasn't installed. That may also have been part of the problem. Pending a restart, I think this is solved! :)

EDIT2: It's alive! and the brighness controls obey me :D Fan noise is better too. kind of.]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  10. texqas

texqas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks. It was a windows 10 process "runtime broker" causing my cpu usage to climb all the way to 100 that was causing the overheating issue. I have disabled "show windows tips" and that seems to help for now.