*** Windows 10 + NVIDIA WHQL Drivers are Killing Alienware and Clevo LCD Panels ***

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodzstack

woodzstack Alezka Computers , Official Clevo reseller.

Reputations:
    yet DX12 is not even used yet ! See the whole reason why they are trying to create a demand for DX12 is to get people to use Windows10.

2. TomJGX

TomJGX I HATE BGA!

Reputations:
    I have an LG LP173WF1 pannel according to HWinfo64... Now whether it is TLB3 or what, most likely is... I don't have the time to do it right now but will do so later today/tomorrow...

mariussx and pathfindercod like this.
  3. PC GAMER

PC GAMER Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    image.jpg QUOTE="Papusan, post: 10074210, member: 612304"]Has now tested out Win 10 for 6 days:eek:. Everything looks like it's working but for a junk OS. Hate this junk already... Wonder how long it takes before the problem with the screen starts to happen. Why does it take a while before the problems arise? If this OS is the future then this becomes a bloody future for all... No wonder this was a 1 year free upgrade from Win 7 and 8. Had Windows 10 not have DirectX12 so would many skipped over this OS with a smile.[/QUOTE]

I have personally used Win10 for almost a month before going back to win8.1 for obvious reasons but I have to say that it looks sweet and a fresh new start especially compared to win8.1. @woodzstack , you are completely wrong, DX 12 is definitely available and does wonders too. You can test it through the API OVERHEAD TEST if you have the advanced 3dmark edition. It's just the lack of DX 12 games that is annoying. @Mr. Fox , abadu lord gaben, the steam OS is definitely up there for me. I just hope they include the practicality that Windows offers and not just be 100% dedicated to gaming.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    deadsmiley likes this.
  4. Daniel1983

Daniel1983 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The ONLY thing I liked about Win 10 is the multiple desktop features.. I do a lot of multitasking between various screens, so I find that very useful. Take that away, and Win 10 has nothing to offer but problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. lane54674

lane54674 Newbie

Reputations:
    Windows 10 and 355.60 just killed my LG screen in Dell Precision M6800 with GTX 970M installed. I also commented in Mr Fox's thread in GeForce. Hopefully there will be some solution coming out, I worry if I replace a screen this will happen again.

TomJGX likes this.
  6. James D

James D Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    8 beeps on non-Alienware laptop does not necessarily mean dead LCD. Even if it is Dell (almost the same). Try to power drain your laptop first, Enter UEFI, Recovery, take awway RAM and press power button etc.

7. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Mr. Fox you might want to update your OP.

technically it does after dell owns alienware.

8. lane54674

lane54674 Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried to clear the CMOS already, it still doesn't work. The Dell on-board diagnosis showed my LCD panel has problem and ended my test. Now I couldn't even get into my BIOS setup. The computer tried to reboot several times with black screen then shut down itself. And I tried to reinstall my OS with a burned DVD, but it failed to boot it.

9. lane54674

lane54674 Newbie

Reputations:
    DSC_0100.JPG

I ran the Dell diagnosis in my M6800 again, confirmed this is EDID issue.

10. SDBmania

SDBmania Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My screen is a Samsung SEC5044. Also says:
    Monitor Name (Manuf): 173HT [DELL P/N: GN36T] if that's helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.