*** Windows 10 + NVIDIA WHQL Drivers are Killing Alienware and Clevo LCD Panels ***

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I agree. I'm thankful it is available when I need it, but I find it is a time-waster pain in the butt to use. I won't use it manually except to find the right settings for future use. I typically only use Inspector with batch files because I have much better things to do with my time than wear out my left mouse button.

Nothing is better than Precision X for GPU overclocking IMHO. MSI Afterburner may be fine for desktop GPUs, but it is totally worthless and unusable for me since it doesn't offer full overclocking control with voltage adjustment for mobile GPUs like Inspector does and Precision X does.

PC GAMER and Zero989 like this.
  2. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    though you don't have a choice if you're on win 10. though for me being still on win 8.1 i don't really need it to be fully fluid, I just set my clocks, set a task to start at login and done...can leave it alone.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Zero989

Zero989 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That's the thing though, once clocks are known, they can be set with shortcuts using inspector. Testing clocks with inspector is about as fun as ramming my head against the wall.

jaybee83 and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    not something that can be done if you're on win 10 with PX since it does trigger the EDID corruption. but yes once you know your card's stable clocks then you can use nvidia inspector to set and forget with the help of task scheduler.

5. Zero989

Reputations:
    With little precision on the voltage...

6. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    i only really ever moved it up by 1 notch on the slider. so 1.075v is fine for my current clocks. i like nvidia inspector cos it doesn't have to be running all the time.

7. Zero989

Reputations:
    None of them have to run all the time. For all you know 1.065 volts would be stable, but you can't because of the 12mV jumps

8. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    true though having PX running all the time does take up some resources even if it is a little. i don't mind a little bit of voltage overhead so long as i don't over do it and don't kill the card :p

9. GodlikeRU

GodlikeRU Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have information from Nvidia forum that tomorrow's Game Ready driver will contain Fallout 4 SLI profile as well as Just Cause 3. If someone Could dump it I think many users would be grateful ;)

hmscott likes this.
  10. thegh0sts

Reputations:
    here's hoping running win 10 on my AW17 R1 won't be a bad experience :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.