WINDOWS 10 NOBLOATWARE EDITION

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by sixor, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There's nothing to show and everything is in GUI, you need to input how and what features needs to removed/added and you're done. It'll take an hour for first time, then you can finish it faster because of muscle memory.

Aroc and c69k like this.
  2. Akumi

Akumi Newbie

Reputations:
    OP does not even answer me.
    I think his edition is potentially dangerous.
    I will not use it.

3. Vasudev

Reputations:
    He's busy and might answer you on Sundays.
    It is easy to make your own custom ISO, I do it with NTlite free version does the same thing as MSMG if you're comfortable with GUI and more options.

4. SpacemanSpiff46

SpacemanSpiff46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Love this bloatfree iso sixor. I appreciate you taking the time to share it. I managed to make Firefox my default browser somehow, I am not 100% sure how. Originally I was having the issue of not being able to select one and running Userbenchmark attempts to open your default browser at the end of the test. I Toggled all of the options in DWS and WPD and when starting firefox it asked to make it the default browser every time. I selected yes over and over but it was not sticking. Finally after more toggling of the DWS and WPD settings and restarts I went to download the Brave browser as posted earlier in the thread but then noticed that Firefox was listed as my default browser and was opening links fine. No clue how it ended up working but it did.

Is there a certain trick to activating this iso? I have my own W10 Pro key that I have used but it will not activate and says it cannot reach the activation servers. I am guessing it is from the firewall rules blocking telemetry and such but even toggling all of those options and restarting I cannot reach the update server to activate. Anyone have any tips/recommendations?

sixor likes this.
  5. Akumi

Akumi Newbie

Reputations:
    This is complete rubbish.
    He already answered me: "?", But for some reason the moderator deleted it.

OP just ignores me.
    I will complain about his project.
    This edition can be used for DDOS attacks.
    This is a common thing.

6. Dannemand

Dannemand Decidedly Moderate Super Moderator

Reputations:
    This is getting silly.

@Akumi: You are right, there is no guarantee that these downloads are safe. That is true of most files uploaded by members to any internet forum. Obviously we will react to any reports of actual malware posted here, but beyond that you just have to exercise your own best judgment.

Conversely, nobody is forcing you to download it. Feel free to use the standard ISOs from Microsoft and clean out the bloat yourself.

And that's the end of that discussion. Any more and we'll just clean out all of the posts about it.

7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    Try MS toolkit and type your product key and choose activate by phone. I think some removals cause activation/WU to go kaput. Maybe MS Tk can put back lost reg files and fix up the activation.

SpacemanSpiff46 likes this.
  8. SpacemanSpiff46

SpacemanSpiff46 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Reading up on that toolkit gave me some anxiety as there are lots of infected versions out there. The trustworthy one apparently is from the mydigitallife forum that will not let me use a 33mail email. I ended up doing another toggle of all of the DWS and WPD stuff and deleting everything inside the hosts file from DWS and then my activation worked. Also I had to manually type my key in, copying and pasting from text would not work for whatever reason.

Vasudev likes this.
  9. Akumi

Akumi Newbie

Reputations:
    ok. thx

10. sixor

sixor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    WPD?

and yes, one time i managed to make chrome my default browser but i just dont know how, i believe the trick is having 2 browsers and doing some stuff, but i never could replicate it

cool you could do it lol

sorry about activation, try with a fresh format before using dws, sure, deleting everything with msmg will kill some things, my iso works for my needs so i am happy

MrChispa and Aroc like this.