WINDOWS 10 NOBLOATWARE EDITION

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by sixor, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I mean bro @Phoenix always tested own modded Win 10 Bloatware Free OS versions before he posted them on the web. Always test it on your own computer first. Wrong path doing it this way.

Vasudev, 0lok and saturnotaku like this.
  2. sixor

sixor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    so i do this for free, yet you complain that i don' t test it?

i see why phoenix stopped with this

3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    I stopped because in the past, the MSMG Toolkit worked great, but with the introduction of the Fall Creators Update, a lot of things changed in the structure of the files / registry entries in Windows that it became very buggy. Like I would remove a few things from the ISO, then the store app won't work, or this won't work, or you get many errors and Event Log ID errors. I spent days and days formatting and testing, until I realized what the heck am I doing? I was wasting my time in vain, doing it for free. For me, formatting takes 2 days as I have to format, configure Windows to my liking, install my 10s of apps, insert their license keys, bla bla bla, only to discover a major issue at the end so I thought it was time to pull the plug. If people want a bloatware free ISO, let them do it themselves.

And yes, if I post an ISO to the public, I have to be responsible and ensure it is working 100% for the mass public. I got tired of this. Now I just install the regular ISO and use O&O ShutUp10 to disable the junk that I don't need and use CCleaner to install the Windows Store apps that cannot be uninstalled using the conventional methods.

Be smart....be like Phoenix... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017
  4. Papusan

Reputations:
    This!!
    What? You mean it's too much to ask for, that you yourself try it out? Because it's freee... You prefer let the other be the GP. If it works, then you will install. Nice.

5. sixor

Reputations:
    lol, ok, sorry for mention you for the wrong reasons.

you know what, to this day i have yet to find an error on windows, and i use 2 laptops and 1 desktop, sure that is my case but i just cannot go back to stock, specially since now it is default to have enabled win defender at boot always active, even reinstall drivers and your basic apps is annoying thanks to the stupid windef crap.

thanks for your isos, thanks to that i knew MSMG, i just hated that you left some crap on the iso (store), and that is why i started to make my own, and since they are stable at least for me i wanted to share them.

i am taking my free time to integrate updates, create several versions, write on this forum, yet there are ungrateful people lol

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    MrChispa likes this.
  6. Salad Bar Riot

Salad Bar Riot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Isn't this the now standard practice at Redmond HQ? :D

James D, Fe ®, Vasudev and 1 other person like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    I know, but I really hoped I didn't needed see it here:D Free, ain't a valid reason not test it himself before he throw it out... Mind you. Micro$haft said also Win 10 was free...:p We know how this went.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Raiderman, 0lok and Vasudev like this.
  8. Lunatics

Lunatics Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Out of curiosity, what was going wrong with the new version? I think I am using your most recent "Stable" version? RS3? I have not had issues using this one, in fact the first one I installed from you seemed to have small minor issues like not giving me pictures on my lock screen and some generic blue background, no desktop background just a black screen even right out of the box after installing the OS. This newer one that I tried when I re imaged my computer has been great (except for me not wanting to try and mimic Win7 and find an alternate search bar in the Win10 menu, but not using Cortana but we've been over this :p). If everything is stable with my current version, should I be good to keep using it or do you think things will break going forward as more updates come out and my machine gets updated?

Not to bring you too much into this topic and derail it, but I had set up this version that has been stable on one of my friends desktops and set it up how you have it with Classic shell etc, is there any chance to actually reproduce the Win7 taskbar with classic shell that you know of in terms of making the bar completely see through or the same shade/color? The closest I was able to find in the settings was making it like a grayish color but it's not the same. Just curious, not a big deal. I may end up just using O&O and reinstalling windows on my laptop again if these bloatware free versions can keep causing problems or breaking other things.

9. sixor

Reputations:
    waiting for msmg 8.0 for releasing a new iso, i will test it on my own pc

has anybody tested the ISOs? any feedback

+11k downloads on majorgeeks and i have no idea if it works lol

10. AlohaAloah

AlohaAloah Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been using your 64bit Home 1.0 for a couple of weeks now, I haven't had any problems so far, everything is working fine.

Looking forward for the new ISOs made with MSMG v8 when it comes out.

Vasudev and sixor like this.